“An OK sta;y”

La Quinta Inn Denver Central
Ranked #114 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 3 September 2011

The best thing about this hotel is that it is within walking distance from Coors Field. It is more like a motel, with the hotel room door accessible on the outside. The room was clean, breakfast was good, and the desk staff helpful. I just my room door was only accessible on the inside of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 August 2011

If you stay here be ready for constant loud noise from a rail yard next to the hotel. No exaggeration here, constant non-stop trains in an area that is scary in the daytime. I can't believe any hotel would open in this area. Going to ask for a refund on this stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Tim L
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I've stayed in many La Quinta hotels across the U.S. but surprisingly this didn't quite meet my expectations. Reception and staff were ok. Breakfast was fair at best in quality. Room was somewhat large and clean. Bed was comfortable and Wifi worked fine. But there are several problems why you might reconsider booking this hotel. Read on.

There is absolutely no privacy. The walls are paper thin and the room doors are far from sound proof. You will hear every conversation from the parking lot word to word and most of them you wish you never heard. The night I stayed here two guys were talking about guns just outside my door at 1 am. Unfortunate coincidence maybe. Be warned though that this hotel is located in at least a little restless neighborhood. Even if nothing happened the loud noise from the rail yard next door should keep you awake late to the night. Very heavy traffic and sounds like explosions from loading and unloading.

I'm used to different surroundings and wasn't scared really but would have liked to sleep as I was tired as hell. If they cared about their customers they'd fix the doors at least.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2011

My husband and I stayed at this LaQuinta at the recommendation of our friend. It was only a short walk from Coors (baseball) Field. On/off the expressway was very easy. Tho we had reserved a king room, which had also bee3n confirmed by our booking site, we were given two doubles, with the explanation that booking thru Expedia does not reserve the requested room (???). Our room was on the third floor, in the corner. This made it difficult to access the internet. It was clean and functional, with a hair dryer and coffeemaker. The pool was outdoors. There is a Mexican restaurant next door. The biggest disappointment was the breakfast. An assortment of breads was offered, and some yogurt as well. Fruit was limited, and the only protein selection was a bowl of overcooked hard boiled eggs. Also, it should be noted that this is a pet friendly hotel. No worries, except for the fact that one gentleman allowed his little dog to roam the breakfast area off leash, adding to an already unappetizing breakfast.
Overall, however, this is a nice, clean, affordable, and friendly hotel, and would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Denver.

Room Tip: confirm with hotel your requested room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SmokieBr
DenverManager901, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn Denver Central, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2011

We are happy that you enjoyed your recent stay and look forward to welcoming you back again! We are sorry that you experenced issues with our internet. As of July 1st our Free Wireless Internet will have been completely upgraded!

Reviewed 24 May 2011

This hotel is in a perfect location to most downtown areas I wanted to go to. Especially to see the Broncos. I was greeted with the most friendly staff I have come in contact with in a long time. The room was very clean and very convenient parking location to my room. I will certainly return.

Room Tip: call ahead and ask for the area of the hotel you .
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank JeannieLeiva
DenverManager901, Manager at La Quinta Inn Denver Central, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2011

Dear Jeannie
Thank you so much for your comments! We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future! GO BRONCOS!

Happy Travels!
Tonya Thompson – General Manager

Reviewed 24 February 2011

Great Value! Clean, very good service, fast internet.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I was in Denver for a 3 day training in the state capitol area and stayed at the La Quinta Inn Denver Central. My colleague and I stayed here because they were one of the few hotels in the downtown area that was not completely booked for the nights we needed. We had two of the rooms that opened directly to the outside and the rooms were both in bad shape - her shower wouldn't drain and the heater in my room only put out heat if it was cranked ALL the way up. We had requested non-smoking rooms and were put in smoking rooms, which had remnants of ash and cigarette burns in numerous areas. The sheets looked as though they had not been laundered - we called room service and requested for the rooms to be cleaned while we went to get food. The front desk person said they would get it taken care of - the new sheets that were put on the bed looked even dirtier than the first set. I took the towels from the bathroom and laid those down so I wouldn't have to sleep on the sheets. Even worse - the doors that led straight out to the parking lot and street looked as though people had attempted numerous times to kick them in. The top and bottom of my door were bent badly enough that I could see the lights from outside streaming in when it when dark in the room. This motel is also not in the best neighborhood in the city - there are numerous homeless shelters nearby and by the time we had returned from dinner both nights we were there, there were several of them panhandling nearby. It was also an extremely noisy area with the railyard and interstate right next to the motel. We also heard gunshots and sirens the first night we were there and the sound of a drunken fight the second night. The front desk staff was friendly and tried to be helpful and they had a continental breakfast, but those were the only good points about this place. My colleague and I only stayed the second night because were unable to change hotels due to a 24 hour cancellation policy for our reservation and because our company wouldn't pay for a different room if they were going to still be charged for this room. We actually contemplated sleeping in the car in the parking lot of a nicer hotel and probably would have done so if the weather had been nicer. You couldn't pay me to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business