“Loud AC, clean, 20 min to Coors”

La Quinta Inn Denver Central
Ranked #113 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Good location if you're walking to Coors Field (20 min.), but bad location if you want a room with a view. The place is hemmed in by two highways in the sky, railroad tracks, a municipal truck lot and a McDonald's.

It's clean, the service was fine, the mattress firm. Microwave & fridge, altho the TV had limited choices. The shower had ample pressure but a hair-trigger temperature control, so scalding becomes freezing very fast. Not enough outlets.

Breakfast was pretty slim; the coffee machine was broken so we went to Mickey-D.

Our AC was insanely loud. Our friends down the hall had worse luck during the 90-degree days we were there: their AC broke down so the front desk brought in an industrial fan.

The pool is set back from the highway. It seemed sort of forlorn, but it was pleasant to sit in the lounge chairs.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

A La Quinta traveler
Rochester, New York, USA
Reviewed 17 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

We were assigned room 202. The air conditioner was the loudest I've ever heard in a hotel. The door to get in the hallway was slamming all day/night as people were coming in to get ice (which was another annoying loud noise in itself). Everyone's loud conversation comes blasting in the 1-inch gap above and below our door. Once the sun went down, we realized we had a spotlight blaring in our window. If you want to get some rest, move on. If you want a place to stay up and make noise all night....you found the spot.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank SLOCountyInfo
Reviewed 9 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This has been the worst La Quinta We ever stayed in! The bathroom floor was dirty, even the door! Beds were not comfortable at all. You turn on the bathroom light outside ofghe bathroom. The breakfast...better off going to Mc Donalds next door. No meat, all carbs, the waffle iron didn't cook the waffles all the way. No bagels what so ever. Last time I would stay here mostly for the price! Much rather drive and have a clean hotel than this. Oh and dont bother asking for early check in. It wont do you anygood!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Ajtrujillo
Reviewed 30 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2013

there were 2 things that brought it down. 1) I had a huge dip in my bed. It wasn't obvious until you were in it but it actually seemed like a few springs were missing (room 312 bed away from the door). Luckily my co-worker was only with me for 3 nights and the 2nd 2 nights I slept in the other bed. 2) One night I came in an my room hadn't been cleaned. I called down stairs (honest I wasn't mad or anything) to see what was up and the poor lady behind the counter just sighed and was nice and said sorry. I had to ask her for more towels and she was nice and said sure she'd have them there in 30 minutes. It was already 9:00 and I wanted to hit the sack so I offered to come get them. I went down (from the 3rd floor) and had to wait for her to get them. I was hoping they would be there when I arrived. When I checked out I mentioned the missing clean and (different lady) just laughed and said well its not like we clean our own rooms every day - hate to say this but I do.

The place needs some work. It is an older La Quinta but it is VERY convenient to down town and Coors Field (could easily walk there) and the Amtrak station (could probably walk there too if you don't have a lot of luggage). There is a Starbucks next door, a Mexican restaurant, a bar, and a McDonalds. It is oddly quiet as it is right at the intersection of Rt. 25 and 70. And there is a rail yard right behind it. We only heard a few sirens on the highway and our room faced the highway. I actually expected more noise. The pool was open and kids were using it. We didn't hear them but if your room is right over it you might. There is no hot tub (fine I wouldn't have used it anyway).

It was also very reasonably priced for the downtown area. I'd stay there again as the area seemed safe enough.

Room Tip: Avoid 312 until they get the bed fixed;) I'd guess rooms on the south side would be quieter but...