“Good for the price”

La Quinta Inn Denver Central
Ranked #112 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed here for one night while attending an NHL game. The price was very reasonable. We didn't expect a five star room. But I was definitely surprised when walking in. It looked like the bathroom was newly remodeled and some other things had been done as well. For the price I would say it was more than expected. I encountered two different people at the front desk during our stay and they were friendly and courteous. The free breakfast had more than a few options. It wasn't huge, but big enough to have plenty of different options. This hotel has a very good location if someone was going to explore the city more. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 December 2013

I chose this place because of the location to the sports complexes, close to downtown Denver and wanting to keep the price at am acceptable amount because of 2 costly professional sports events. The room was adequate and met my needs. We were not in the room much. Everything worked, beds were comfortable, rooms were warm, and the place is so close to Sports Authority Stadium and the Pepsi Center. Now, the STAFF WERE EXCEPTIONAL. They were courteous on allowing us to check in early after a lengthy road trip. Then after leaving we noticed that we left valuable personal belongings. It was no problem. They secured it and mailed it back. For the price, location and professional courtesy I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Using a cab vs parking your rental car in Downtown Denver will run you about the same or +/- $5.00.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Standard La Quinta. Comfortable rooms, breakfast. Staff were welcoming and helpful. Reasonable considering typical Denver rates. I was using it only for sleeping; being a tourist the rest of the time. Didn't want to pay for amenities I wasn't going to use. This served my purpose very well.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
A La Quinta traveler
Avon, Colorado, USA
Reviewed 27 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I knew this place wast going to be the best & i was ok with that. I had read the reviews & knew it was loud & not the greatest area. But the price was good & so was the location. That's it. Only 1 light in the room & the one in the bathroom worked, which i could have cared less as i was only staying one night, however you'd think they'd check lightbulbs. The MAJOR ISSUE @ HAND IS....i had accidentally left my phone in the room & i was glad they got a hold of me however i stayed on 10/31 it is 11/15 & I just got my phone back yesterday i had to pay to get it shipped back & someone working there STOLE the memory card out of my phone!I am a 28 year old female & i 90% guarantee it was a male staff member. Over 1000 pictures of my life are gone. Questionable employees. Called the manager & she said there was nothing she could do. Maybe you should question your crappy staff & fire the pervert. Taking it to the next level. Calling corporate.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TBurt0n
Reviewed 12 November 2013

La Quinta is not a high class hotel but always very comfortable, clean and secure…until I stayed at the one in Denver. It was isolated, noisy and I did not feel safe. I am not a fan of the "motel" style where you enter each room from the parking lot instead of a main secure entrance.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Betcd
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife are having to go to Denver at least once a month for medical tests. We tried anouther hotel closer to the hospital but had to leave after one night. We found this hotel and loved. It. The room was almost new and really clean. The price was great. The location can be a challenge but with my smart phone navigation we got to where we needed to be. We will definitely use this hotel from now on when we stay in Denver. The handicap rooms are right off the parking lot and have a handicap parking spot right in front of the room. They are also right next to the office so it is a very short walk to the breakfast area. Would like to have a few more options at the breakfast but it was still good. If you are looking to stay near the downtown area then tjis is the place to stay.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family