“A good location if going to the Rockies game !”

La Quinta Inn Denver Central
Ranked #109 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
“A good location if going to the Rockies game !”
Reviewed 9 May 2010

The 10-15 minute walk to the ballpark was great. Better than waiting in traffic getting out of the ballpark lots. It is a older hotel but is clean and has good wireless internet.
The fronk desk people was nice also. I never had any problems with the neighborhood. If you are a light sleeper wear ear plugs as it is close to the rail yard. Would deffinalty stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank jimkip

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Park City Utah
Reviewed 18 April 2010

The location is great! You are close enough to Lodo to walk. Although I suggest taking a taxi back after dark. The Hotel is older but was OK. The room was very roomy and clean. Except someone left condoms in the drawer, unused! It was kind of noise because we had an ice machine right outside or door. Someone was getting ice at 5:00 A.M! We stayed in a room above the lobby and had an indoor entrance most the rooms have outside ones. So it may be a little noisy since the location is on a very busy road! Would probably stay again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Houston, TX
Reviewed 6 April 2010

Stayed here 2 nights as we were going skiing. 1st night got to hotel in the lobby was a drunk guy sitting there watching tv, reception checked us in (4 girls) and gave us a room on the 3rd floor. Taking our luggage outside to the elevators, ran into 2 ghetto people drinking outside. Elevator reeked of alcohol and was disgusting as the floors were dirty w/slush. Room was nice and beds were comfortable. Free breakfast was good too. Next day checked-out and requested a cab from receptionist - she called it in but never followed-up with it til I asked again about it. Lazy people working the reception area and not that friendly either. Hotel is not in walking distance to anything, better off staying in Downtown Denver as cabs can be costly around the area.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
some city in Colorado
Reviewed 2 April 2010

Cigarettes! In my non smoking room! I'm staying here while my kitchen, bathroom and bedroom are being remodeled. I was planning on being here for a few weeks, but it looks at though my first night will be my last. The smell is overwhelming and is very strong in the towels and linens.
Aside from the smell i guess the room is ok. I don't notice the trains, though they are definitely there (i can hear them from my house in Highland as well.) I do, however, notice the freeway noise.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ihatedriving
Coolangatta, Australia
Reviewed 26 March 2010

After reading previous reviews we were a bit hesitant about staying here on our only night in Denver. We had used La Quinta at LAX when we first arrived in the US and were impressed.
Our room was fine and clean, and down towards the back away from the road on ground level, we did here some train noise, but not enough to really worry us. We used the bus stop from over the road to go into the city and that was handy.
We think for the price we paid it was pretty good value, and would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
South Carolina
Reviewed 7 October 2009

Sometimes I think people are a little too picky with their hotel expectations so I take all bad reviews with a big grain of salt. I should have been more careful here. Part of it is bad planning. My husband and I did not really plan this leg of our trip until we were already traveling. I called hotels.com and made this reservation through them. We were arriving by train to Denver and not renting a car until the next morning so we needed to be able to walk.
We were able to walk, it was a bit far, but we appreciated it after sitting on the train so long. We were a little worried at one point that we had to cross the highway but there was a tunnel.
Someone had reviewed that the noise from the trains was bad. I figured - we had just spent the previous nigh ON a train, so this can't be worse, right? WRONG!!!
I can't even explain how loud it was. I could not sleep.
Overall the room was reasonably clean. I didn't particularly feel safe. There was a starbucks really close by we walked to the next morning. But the trains just make this place unbearable. It seems like maybe there was free breakfast but I didn't see much of anything there when we were checking out.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank erinetene
Bassersdorf, Switzerland
Reviewed 11 August 2009

clean, friendly staff, good room. The right place to stay after a long flight. Excellent location. Bus for the city in front - and you can walk back!
Train noise ? Yes, but not so much. No worries, you CAN sleep.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple