“Not Up To Expected LaQuinta Standards”

La Quinta Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Ranked #104 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 10 March 2008

This is the closest hotel property to The University of Denver. It is well maintained and the staff is courteous. This property is overpriced for the amenities you receive. Unlike every other LaQuinta I have stayed at there was no in-room refrigerator or microwave. Television sets are small by today's standards at 19". There are very few restaurants within walking distance and there is no shuttle to the airport. I will stay here again as it was not a bad experience. I simply believe that for what you receive, their rooms are about 25% over priced.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank pittston

Reviewed 30 January 2008

I stayed here for 3 nights while my daughter was in a training class and it was just blocks from my sister's house, so very convenient. When we checked in the man said our room was recently renovated and that the property had gone through a huge renovation. Our room was a good size and looked very fresh and clean. No unpleasant odors. Sadly, the tub/shower had a problem draining and the door between the sink area and the shower/toilet room did not fit right. The door was too small for the space and there must have been an inch gap. But I do like it when the shower/toilet area is separated from the sink area. My biggest problem with the room was our last 2 nights when someone was in the room above us. I have a sound machine but it did not cover up the squeeking floor above us. The person was up past midnight both nights and on Monday the person was up by 6am -- that gave me a very short night's sleep! If I stay there again I will NOT stay on the ground floor! There have been complaints in the past about the interstate construction around this area but it seems to be finished. I didn't notice any problems with that. We had a room away from the interstate so I can't comment on interstate noise.
The breakfast was decent -- an upgraded continental. But you must be sure to look all around. It is spread out on both sides of the lobby desk. I need a breakfast with more protein than cereal so was very glad to see hard boiled eggs and yogurt. The price was right and the people were VERY friendly to me. I would stay here again as long as I could get a room on the top floor.

Stayed: January 2008
A TripAdvisor Member
Colfax, WI
Reviewed 28 March 2006

My visit to the LaQuinta at Cherry Creek was very enjoyable. My first impression was that of a dated hotel that was a little run down. There is considerable road construction in the area. However my room was clean and comfortable. I asked for a room away from the freeway and it was very quiet. The beds were great and the breakfast offered a good variety of choices. I would definetly stay here again, the staff was very friendly. I agree with one other review that the Cherry Creek name is bit deceiving. The hotel is at the intersection of Colorado Blvd and I-25, miles from Cherry Creek area.

• Stayed: March 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 June 2005

We had stayed at this La Quinta during a memorable snowstorm some 25 years ago, so I knew it was older when I booked it. It was the only reasonable alternative near DU.

It is old and looks like a 1960's motel, with doorways opening to the outside. It's also been the victim of extensive freeway construction - the interchange of I-25 and Colorado Blvd. now comes perilously close to some of the rooms. Having said that, I think that this hotel is a good example of good maintenance. Everything worked, the room was clean and the bed comfortable. I've seen a lot of hotels this age which suffer from benign neglect, but this one has been well cared for and wears its age well. The location is prime (right by a soon-to-be-completed light rail stop which will whisk you downtown in minutes) and I bet La Quinta is keeping the land and in a few years will replace it with a high rise.

• Stayed: June 2005, travelled on business
7  Thank RifleTraveller
Reviewed 23 April 2005

I recently stayed with my sister and a friend at the La Quinta Cherry Creek for the U2 concerts up in Denver. This was my first time staying in a La Quinta in quite a while, and I must say I was a little disappointed.

This place would rank low even among other La Quintas. This could easily pass for a Motel 6 or a low-end Days Inn quite honestly. It is a two-story motel with doors opening outside to the parking lot. The La Quinta looks run down and the parking lot is not very secure. The worst part about it is the freeway noise. Its pressed up against the exit ramp to Colorado Blvd. and you will hear cars and trucks all night. Earplugs are a must for a good night's sleep. The beds were stiff and not very comfortable.

The "Cherry Creek" title is a bit misleading - the motel is really nowhere near the well known Cherry Creek district of Denver. "University" might be a better title since it's right by the University of Denver.

The only redeeming thing about this place was the free breakfast every morning (excellent!). Also, there's a lot of good restaurants nearby. You can get to downtown Denver in 15-20 minutes from here. But for $65 a night, you can do a lot better than this place either in the I-25/Colorado Blvd area or elsewhere in Denver.

• Stayed: April 2005
6  Thank matt_tx00
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Cherry Creek
Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#80 of 160 in Denver
Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Quality Inn & Suites Denver Stapleton
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Gateway Park

Been to La Quinta Inn Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!