“Nice but need some TLC”

La Quinta Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Ranked #99 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Friendly staff, comfortable rooms, nice beds/pillows/linens. Needs some attention; dirty fingerprints on doors, stains on carpet, dark stairways and walkways with overgrown hedges (this is an outside entrance hotel). Parking is a challenge, but the upside is there is a restaurant right there in the parking lot.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 760maryf
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Denver Cherry Creek

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We booked the executive suite, we drove here from western Colorado and needed a place to stay since my husband was having surgery. When we got here we were told that the room was double booked and we would be moved to the executive suite the next day. That was a major inconvence since I now needed to move oxygen tanks twice. I had to leave the hospital come back to the hotel clean out the room then come back later and get key to our new room and again move everything from our car back to the new room at least this one was on the first floor. Every night of our stay the TV never worked which does not sound bad but when you are staying in the room to recover from surgery there is not much to do but watch a little TV. The beds were okay and the rooms were clean and at least we had some Internet use. I could not make a fuss while I was here because I did not want any added stress on my husband after his surgery. I can't comment on the breakfast never made it down there. Our house keeper was very nice and gave me extra pillows when I asked to help keep my husband comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The place was a hotel, not a motel. The room smelled of cigarette smoke, but not because it was a smoking, but the people next door smoked outside their room. They also had a barking dog. The staff was a bit flustered. The bed and shower were fine.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Upon arrival we were informed that there had been a fire and that more time was needed to get the room ready since all linens had to be removed and cleaned. That was OK. BUT we were not informed that there was no hot water available. The next morning we asked for a price adjustment and were told the supervisor was "off-site." We did not believe that. Later we met another couple had their bill adjusted downward. Finally, the grass dog area had been paved over but the handout did not indicate this. We could walk the dogs down the adjacent street so that was OK.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is more like a cheap motel with hotel prices. We were given rooms on the side of Colorado Blvd. which is a very busy street. I commented that I had booked the rooms almost 2 mos. ago, and the desk manager snidely remarked that so had everyone else and the hotel was full.
There was a fire on the second floor towards the end of the motel on the last night of our stay. We were awakened by police at 3:30 am to get out of our rooms. We were able to go back and get our belongings in the very smoky rooms. NO smoke detectors went off. All of my belongings smelled like smoke.
I guess I would expect a hotel chain to take this seriously and want to do right by the customer. I do NOT feel valued as a customer. I received an automated survey from La Quinta about my stay the next day. I listed my concerns. I received a form letter from the general manager of the Denver Cherry Creek. I finally called guest services at the corporate office and spoke to two guest service assistants which led to a call from the regional manager in Washington. The regional manager's comment was that they checked the smoke detector in the room and that it worked. I hung up the phone feeling unsatisfied.

Room Tip: Do NOT get a room on Colorado Blvd,
2  Thank smj1961
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I'm used to La Quinta's being hotels and not motels. The initial key cards were not done correctly and didn't work. The room smelled of old cigarette smoke. The water and snack were not given to me. The area was noisy and the dog next door did bark sometimes.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Linda H
A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Cherry Creek
Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek
Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek
Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek

Been to La Quinta Inn Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!