“Business/ Leisure Stay”

Ranked #97 of 156 Hotels in Denver
Denver, United States
“Business/ Leisure Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

This Hotel is conveniently located, near downtown and public transportation, with stores and restaurants nearby. The staff are pleasant, knowledgeable of the area and accommodating. The property could and should be made more clean and presentable, but everything is working. The breakfast included is mostly a pass and could certainly be improved.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

For a very small price, I got a clean, bright, clean smelling room, comfortable bed and pillows, air conditioning that kept me comfortable, soap, shampoo, coffeemaker, hairdryer, breakfast, access to 24 hour coffee, HDTV, free WIFI, a fine location, and friendly, professional service. Were the towels a bit scratchy? Yes, but with the money I saved on the hotel, I could buy several sets of soft towels and bring them with me when I come back.
I checked in a day early, and Makayla made the process easy, and helped me with the issues that came up, and resolved them quickly and to my total satisfaction. Then she gave me what was probably the quickest checkout I've ever had.
For a solo traveler who needs a clean place and some coffee and food to start the day, and who wants to spend his travel money on more important things, this place fits the bill.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank AlanMHa
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Friendly staff, comfortable rooms, nice beds/pillows/linens. Needs some attention; dirty fingerprints on doors, stains on carpet, dark stairways and walkways with overgrown hedges (this is an outside entrance hotel). Parking is a challenge, but the upside is there is a restaurant right there in the parking lot.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank 760maryf
New Castle, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We booked the executive suite, we drove here from western Colorado and needed a place to stay since my husband was having surgery. When we got here we were told that the room was double booked and we would be moved to the executive suite the next day. That was a major inconvence since I now needed to move oxygen tanks twice. I had to leave the hospital come back to the hotel clean out the room then come back later and get key to our new room and again move everything from our car back to the new room at least this one was on the first floor. Every night of our stay the TV never worked which does not sound bad but when you are staying in the room to recover from surgery there is not much to do but watch a little TV. The beds were okay and the rooms were clean and at least we had some Internet use. I could not make a fuss while I was here because I did not want any added stress on my husband after his surgery. I can't comment on the breakfast never made it down there. Our house keeper was very nice and gave me extra pillows when I asked to help keep my husband comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Denver hotels

Fort Collins, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The place was a hotel, not a motel. The room smelled of cigarette smoke, but not because it was a smoking, but the people next door smoked outside their room. They also had a barking dog. The staff was a bit flustered. The bed and shower were fine.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
New Hampshire, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Upon arrival we were informed that there had been a fire and that more time was needed to get the room ready since all linens had to be removed and cleaned. That was OK. BUT we were not informed that there was no hot water available. The next morning we asked for a price adjustment and were told the supervisor was "off-site." We did not believe that. Later we met another couple had their bill adjusted downward. Finally, the grass dog area had been paved over but the handout did not indicate this. We could walk the dogs down the adjacent street so that was OK.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Rochester, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is more like a cheap motel with hotel prices. We were given rooms on the side of Colorado Blvd. which is a very busy street. I commented that I had booked the rooms almost 2 mos. ago, and the desk manager snidely remarked that so had everyone else and the hotel was full.
There was a fire on the second floor towards the end of the motel on the last night of our stay. We were awakened by police at 3:30 am to get out of our rooms. We were able to go back and get our belongings in the very smoky rooms. NO smoke detectors went off. All of my belongings smelled like smoke.
I guess I would expect a hotel chain to take this seriously and want to do right by the customer. I do NOT feel valued as a customer. I received an automated survey from La Quinta about my stay the next day. I listed my concerns. I received a form letter from the general manager of the Denver Cherry Creek. I finally called guest services at the corporate office and spoke to two guest service assistants which led to a call from the regional manager in Washington. The regional manager's comment was that they checked the smoke detector in the room and that it worked. I hung up the phone feeling unsatisfied.

Room Tip: Do NOT get a room on Colorado Blvd,