“Sketchy”

La Quinta Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Ranked #104 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Just be sure to note this property is a MOTEL. My daughters stayed there and had to be moved because their first floor window would not lock. They felt the room was fine, but when they got back after dinner, the atmosphere was different & somewhat sketchy in that clientele were hanging outside, sitting on stairs, having a drink or smoke, etc. They moved elsewhere for their second night.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Great location on main street, close to main highway. Movie theater across the street. A few restaurants in walking distance, including a Denny's on site. Clean, comfortable, basic room. Quiet even above the pool. Very basic breakfast with sugary yogurt and hard-boiled eggs the only protein offered. Very friendly, accommodating staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I have stayed primarily in La Quinta's for the past 4 years in several states. This was so disappointing for what I usually receive. Bathtub wouldn't drain, phone didnt work and a light was out next to the bed. Got moved rooms because we apparently "broke the plumbing" (was leaking through the lobby ceiling) and the new room smelled funky. Forgot lotion and had to go to the front desk to get it and was woken around 8am on my only day of rest by carpet cleaning in the hallway.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I'm currently sitting in room 250, which is a 2 double bed room. There are good things and bad things...

Good:
-Room smelled nice upon arrival
-Room appeared mostly clean
-Good ac
-Comfortable beds

Not so good:
-There is hair in the tub that doesn't belong to anyone in my party
-The room is "surface clean" only... meaning, the edges of the room have not been vacuumed (there is dirt & dust along the walls), the counter and sink look to have been wiped with a dirty rag, there are a few smudges on the mirror.
-Thin walls - I can hear the neighbor's and vehicles going by.
-Trash found between bed & wall.
-No trash can liners and cans could use a good wipe down.

I will make note of these things on the comment card in the morning. Since we are only here for the night, I do not feel it is necessary to fuss, but wanted to provide an honest review.

This place works as a last minute accommodation, but I don't think I would stay here again.

Just FYI, there is no microwave or mini frig in this room (not sure if that is the hotel norm or not)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank springjacka
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I love staying at this hotel. My brother lives right next door and it is so convenient being so close to him, also we bring our dogs and there's no extra fee for them! The only issue's that we had while staying there was there is no separate space for the dogs to go to the bathroom and is hard to find a spot. It is a little on the pricey side but you are paying for the location! Wonderful area to be in, you are close to everything! Shops, cherry creek mall, pet stores. It was great! I don't understand why people rate this hotel so poorly. I always have a great and easy stay when I stay with La Quinta. I recommend this hotel :]

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Just needed a place to stay as we were passing through. The check in was speedy and the first time we stated was in the back next to the rooms that were being renovated. The room was clean and comfy. Only complaint was that the breakfast area was too small and we could not find a place to sit. But it had a waffle maker! (Love those). I didn't hear any noise from the renovation. After a week of traveling through Colorado, we stayed here again on our way out and this time were put in a room in front of the building. My husband said he could hear more noise from the highway but is isn't notice. Again the room was clean and comfy. That time I missed the breakfast as is closed at 9am. Boo. Location of this hotel is close to a lot of restaurants, University of Denver, a movie theater and the highway. I would totally stay here again as the price was good and the rooms were clean.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We have been on a 36 hour cross country odyssey to get my son-in-law and daughter's dog. He is being deployed and she moved home during the deployment. A national airline was suppose to fly him by cargo but twice changed their requirements making it impossible to ship the dog making it necessary for my daughter and I to travel from Northeast Ohio to Denver to transfer the dog into our custody before he was required to board his ship. We appreciated that La Quinta allows dogs to stay the night. After driving 22 hours to meet up with my son-in-law, we all needed sleep before making our return trip to Ohio.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Cherry Creek
Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek
Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Gateway Park
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#82 of 160 in Denver
Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek

Been to La Quinta Inn Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!