“Older place , but kept up”

La Quinta Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Ranked #99 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

I prefer smaller motels . I was surprised that it was pretty quiet since it is off Colorado Blvd. Room was clean. If you are looking for the latest , greatest , this isn't it. If you are like me and need a decent room at a decent price, this is it. Breakfast was what I expected, more than OK for the price of the room

• Stayed: June 2014
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Denver Cherry Creek

Reviewed 1 September 2014

It was my fault for waiting too long to make my reservations for DU move in weekend. While the hotel is walking distance to the school, that's about all it's got going for it. We checked in on Saturday evening and were told that the internet was down but it would be up shortly...Monday afternoon it was finally working! Each morning I attempted to dry my hair before heading over for seminars at the campus...the hair dryer would work for about 30 seconds then cease to function. The air conditioner decided to freak out at 4 am the second morning. I spoke with the front desk and they simply ignored the problem. I came back to the room on Monday to discover that it was still not functioning properly. I also discovered that after being away from the property for 7 hours...upon my return, my room had never been made up.

If you like poor service and a really old motel...by all means, this is your place! But if you want a functioning air conditioner, internet, a clean room and dry hair....go elsewhere, you will be happier!

Room Tip: Again....it says that there is free wifi...but it only worked 1 day of my 3 day stay.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2014

The hotel is well located but on a busy street. Rooms are adequate and clean. Breakfast had usual selections but the waffle supplies not available on of the mornings we were there. They need to get better quality of towels.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Easy access to downtown, expressway, and eating/shopping places. No frills but basic needs and reliable service and accommodations. The front desk was the same person both during check in and check out --very friendly and extremely helpful .

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2014

This hotel is a decent place to stay for fewer dollars in Denver. The best part is the great location to anywhere - close to I-25, downtown, and the Tech Center. It is easy to access this hotel and the next-door location of Perkins Restaurant provides food for those who have limited time to find a place to eat. I choose this hotel when I have a lot of plans to be out for the day and evening and do not spend a great deal of time actually at the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Spent three nights. Friendly and helpful staff. Older property. No elevator if you get a second floor room. Comfortable room. Included breakfast limited. Restaurant near property. Convenient to stores and light rail.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JackofPBFL
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed here for two nights with our two dogs while we were moving across country. Because of nature of our trip, we arrived in Denver late in the evening. As a result they cancelled our prior reservation (which they should not have done) and charged us more. We were billed twice for the same stay, which I discovered when I pulled up my credit card statement. We booked through BringFido.com, whose representatives were VERY helpful in refunding the payment made with them (thanks Kathi!). However, we were still charged the incorrect higher rate when we DID book in advance. Any call to this local La Quinta has assured the difference will be refunded, but that remains to be seen. It is a shame because their locations are pet friendly and reasonably priced. This is also a great location, but to much hassle. Stay away, it is not worth the headache of dealing with the front desk and their inadequacies. We will not stay at La Quinta again since they could have easily admitted to the mistake and fixed it, but refused to do so.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank bethierocks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Cherry Creek
Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek
Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek
Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek

Been to La Quinta Inn Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!