“Comfortable”

Hampton Inn Denver Tech Center South
Ranked #38 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 23 January 2012

This inn can summarized in one word: "comfortable". I arrived there with my wife after a long drive through the Rocky Mountains National Park. We were exhausted and were heading to Colorado Springs afterwards. The room we got was a nice one, but what was remarkable was the bed's comfort. The atmosphere of the whole place was relaxing.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 December 2011

Three of us came to Denver and ended up staying here when the lease on our apartment fell through. After a 23 hour drive and a broken down budget rental van, we just wanted a shower and a comfortable bed. We were traveling with a dog and a cat. They took the animals with no problem and no extra fees. We ended up having to extend it from one night to 2 and that was absolutely no more than a call to the front office. Unfortunately when we tried to e/tend to te 3 and 4th days, they had no rooms available.
They were romdeling the first and second floors but we heard no noises during the night. They are a little hard to find considering they have no sign on the main road. They are directly behind the panera bread. They have a small parking lot and it filed up during the night.
The room was very comfortable with a pullout sofa bed in a seperate room from the king size bedroom. The closet was large, as was the counter top next to the sink. The shower curtain is so short that it kept flipping out of the tub when I was taking my shower. I ended up folding the bathroom. They don't have a towel rack near the sink which I thought was odd. They had a hot tub that was open but we didn't have our suits. They have a managers reception for free beer and wine on Mon through Thurs night. The location here is really good. There are a few decent places right outsi de the door to eat. The only thing that could have made it better would be a Walgreens next door.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank storm0926
Reviewed 27 December 2011

We rolled in late on Christmas Eve, greeted by a very nice employee who was expecting us! She was so sweet and was helpful when we wanted to change to a suite with a fireplace. The 3rd floor is newly remodeled and was a great place to sleep. It was very quiet - the room looked out over the ball court and the bed was super comfortable. The living area was quite inviting with a great fireplace. Nice new TVs and all new furniture. Only little comment is that the fan in the bathroom is super loud.

This is our third stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites in the Tech Center. Love the location and love the price. Makes it easier to visit relatives who don't have any extra bedrooms!

Room Tip: Third floor over looking the ball court.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2011

So the title says most of it, great location for business and meetings. Staff is always friendly and willing to go the extra mile to make you comfortable. One big issue is the thin walls and ceilings, if you're a light sleeper don't expect a quiet nights sleep.
Another bonus of this location is quality restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Get top floor if possible and near the end of the hallways to reduce surrounding room and hallway no...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Phil S
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Stayed for 1 night, Nov. 4 2011 while in Denver to present at a workshop. The hotel is clean and well maintained. There is no shuttle from DEN provided by the hotel, SupperShuttle van charged $22. The hotel is located near a multitude of restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Though it's taken me a long time to post this review, I have to say, our stay at the Denver Tech Hampton Inn was extraordinary! My business partner and I have discussed attending the Denver Stock Show for years and 2011 was the first opportunity our schedules allowed us to attend. The accommodations at this hotel were outstanding! The service was outstanding as well, and though the hotel wasn't next door to the stock show, if we EVER have business to conduct in Denver, this will be our hotel!!! As CEO of a modeling company, I travel extensively and this hotel stands out as the best stay I've enjoyed on the road this year. Thank you! We will be back!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2011

My husband and I often stay at hotels of this class (such as Holiday Inn Express), but had never stayed at a Hampton Inn before. I'm a Silver Honors member, and the Denver Tech Center location was convenient, so we gave it a try.

We booked a king suite. Check-in was efficient and very friendly with Jack, the manager. Parking was free and easy. The internet was free, although often slow. The bathroom was good-sized and clean. Our room overlooked both the pool and a parking lot.

However . . .

Our room was tiny and cramped. There was only 2 feet between the dresser and the end of the bed. The main problems this caused:
1) The drawers couldn't open fully
2) We had to sit on the end of the bed to get our clothes
3) The person sleeping on the other side of the bed (my husband) had that small of clearance when trying to get out. Luckily, he's a thin guy, but in the middle of the night when you get up to go to the bathroom, there's a good chance of running into the dresser. And it would be impossible for a large person to navigate through there comfortably.

(as an aside: the bedroom TV -- on top of said dressed -- was an old box style, not a flat screen. I didn't care, but I know many travelers do).

Hampton Inn prides itself on its policy of washing all the bed linens -- comforter included -- for every guest. For anyone who's wondered what the heck happened on the bedspread before they check in, this is welcome. The problem here is the frequent washing made the batting inside the comforter ball up, so it's full of hard lumps. It's not too bad when you're under the covers, but is ridiculously lumpy to sit on top of.

The kitchen was very large with a microwave, fridge, 2 burner coil stove, and one of those 1-cup pod coffee makers (I hate those, because you can't use your own (good) coffee). It was a pretty good set-up from that standpoint. I think they could have easily sacrificed some space there, or in the giant wrap-around counter, to add to the living and/or bedroom. The living room itself was also cramped, with small flat screen TV, and a cheap sofa.

It was always super hot in the room, and the A/C was really loud. Whenever it went on in the middle of the night, we'd both wake up.

As mentioned above, one of the reasons we choose this hotel was the free breakfast, which we're kind of suckers for. This was terrible, the worst I've had in at least 5 years. There were dried out mini-omelets, gravy, and these things called "bagel toppers" -- a half a bagel with an incredibly salt egg & ham mixture baked on top. Boy was it bad. There was a waffle maker, which I usually love, but the batter had an artificial and overly sweet taste. There were 2 large TVs in the breakfast room, both blaringly loud. There was no way to have a nice, quiet breakfast.

In short (I bet everyone's wishing I'd started with short to begin with!): this hotel has all the right concepts, but the wrong execution. None of it's terrible -- like other reviewers have said, it's clean and quiet and the staff is friendly -- but it's disappointingly average.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LizPdx
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Stapleton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver
Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center
#1 of 15 in Greenwood Village

Been to Hampton Inn Denver Tech Center South? Share your experiences!