“Good Hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center
Ranked #39 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We stayed here during DNK 2012. It was way more hotel for my money. The main convention hotel was only ten dollars less than staying in a suite at this hotel, so for ten more bucks I got a suite with a super comfortable bed, complimentary wifi, breakfast, and a complete kitchen so I could cook most of my own meals and save a bunch of money (none of which were offered at the main convention hotel). It was really close to the main convention hotel (a five minute walk), and much quieter at night so I could sleep. I also didn't have to pay for parking, which you had to at the main hotel. Definitely going to stay there again for the 2013 convention. Staff was very nice and worked hard to answer all of my questions immediately. They also seemed to have extra staff around to cater to the many people they were housing for the convention so I never had to wait in line and the breakfast buffet never ran empty. The only weird thing was the handicap hand rail in the bathtub was broken off and laying on the bathroom floor when we got there. It was never fixed while we were there and the bar just stayed in the middle of the bathroom floor.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center

Reviewed 23 January 2013

This property is in the DTC area and attracts a lot of business travelers. As of January, 2013, it is in the midst of a renovation of the public areas.

The property is clean and my room was nicely furnished, but it was the smallest king room I've ever seen. Consider a suite unless you're traveling alone or only using the room to crash. Breakfast was a notch above standard fare. There are several of the better chain restaurants nearby, and there's a Panera Bread next door. Pleasant staff. The wifi was, at times, dial-up slow.

If you're traveling with a dog, there's a walking path behind the hotel. Bags are provided for cleanup. Wallace Park, just a couple of blocks away, has a trail suitable for jogging.

Booking this room through Expedia resulted in a bogus "additional guest" charge of $10 per night even though there were only two of us. Booking through the hotel's website gives you the same rate for one or two guests. Expedia refused to budge on the additional charge. Buyer beware.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richard M
hampton5001, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Thank you for the nice comments about Breakfast being above standard.....We have many nice comments about our hot breakfast buffet....also our cleanliness and being nicely furnished, although im sorry that the size our hotel room didnt meet your standards. We hope to see you again at our hotel and please consider one of our stacious suites, as they are very spacious. Jack Nash-General Manger

Reviewed 19 January 2013

We stayed here December 24th and 25th, while the hotel was under renovation and nearly empty, factors you may want to take into account when reading this review.

Front desk personnel were always friendly and cordial; when we got to our room, however, we were surprised to find that we would have to step outside to change our minds--which is to say "it was tiny!" I would not have thought you could fit a king size bed in there. When I called down to request additional towels (there were two) I was informed that, at my husband's prompting, our room had been upgraded (for an additional $5.00/night) to a suite. We had made a prepaid reservation through Travelocity, so I'll leave the math to you.

While the need for renovations was apparent, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean, and I didn't need to request additional towels in the suite. I counted fewer than ten cars in the parking lot, so obviously there was no issue with immediate neighbors. I didn't partake of the complimentary breakfast and, it being December, didn't use the outdoor pool.

I suspect we'll find something more conveniently located next time we're in town, as this address turned out not to be where we thought it was.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Homelytraveler
hampton5001, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm terribly sorry to hear that the hotel was small, but so glad you enjoyed the suite. Thank you for the nice comments on the clenliness of our hotel and the friendly staff. As you saw, the hotel is undergoing a renovation of the lobby, fitness center and breakfast. I do hope that you are able to come back to see the improvements that we have made. Thanks again for sharing your comments, and again We hope you will reconsider giving us another chance.
Jack Nash-General Manager

Reviewed 2 January 2013

I've stayed at this location twice. Once for businees (1 week stay) and once for a weekend trip. Both times the rooms were clean and comfortable. When I stayed on the weekend, the rate I got made this place a great value. Good location if you're working in the DTC area. Also, there a number of resturants within walking distance or a short drive. The light rail station can be walked to, but probanly best to take a short drive over if it is cool outside. There is a hike and bike trail about two blocks away along the creek if you're looking for a place to go for a run or walk.

I agree with another comment, you can here your neighbors if they are loud or if you have a room that has a door that connects the two rooms. My first stay here didn't have the adjoining door between rooms and was much quieter.

I would recommend this hotel and will probably stay here when I return to the Denver area.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 December 2012

We stayed at this Hampton to be near a convention at the Marriott, and we weren't disappointed. The rooms are very nice and roomy. You walk in through a full kitchenette area, with full size fridge and then there's a sitting area with couch and big screen tv, and beyond that, the bedroom and bathroom. We did not use the pull out couch, so can't speak to the comfort of that, but the king sized bed was VERY comforable. There was a large closet opposite of the sink/counter area with full length mirrors, and a separate toilet and shower room. Lots of nice counter space. Breakfasts were pretty good, with different choices daily, and a good selection of coffee creamers, pastries and POG juice! :) Quiet safe feeling location. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I was literally woken up out of a dead sleep because of the person talking in the room next to me. I am (was) in room 322 - so buyer beware! When I was sitting on the couch in the other room (it's a suite) I could hear the person in the room on the other side-not quite sure what he was up to but it wasn't something I wanted to hear!! If you are desperate for a room stay here! I've stayed in a LOT of hotels and i think this is the absolute worst as far as thin walls go!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
hampton5001, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm terribly sorry to hear that the comfort of your stay was disrupted by neighboring noise. While we do encourage guests to let us know if they have any noise issues, we will work with our security team to review current procedures and evaluate our options for a solution. We hope you will reconsider giving us another chance.
Jack Nash-General Manager

Reviewed 20 November 2012

The room I stayed in had a full kitchen which was perfect for a long stay. The full fridge and microwave came were useful specially if you would like to have a cup of tea in the comfort of your room. The staff were attentive and very nice. There are plenty of resturants and coffee shops within walking distance.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Tech Center
Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center
Denver Marriott Tech Center
Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Southeast
TownePlace Suites Denver Southeast

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!