“A good place for over nighting”

Comfort Inn Denver East
Ranked #84 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This property is clean and well kept. Its staff were extremely welcoming and helpful from check in through check out. Their Manager's Reception of light fare & drinks was an unexpected & nice touch for the weary traveler. Although there are a lot of contract Over The Road Drivers staying, the crowd was congenial & quiet. Their breakfast was excellent. Will stay there again.

Room Tip: traffic in/out of this property can be difficult, but it is conveniently located to the I-70 corrido...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Rodeway_Inn4380, General Manager at Comfort Inn Denver East, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We appreciate your kind a positive words. We enjoyed having you stay with us and do hope that you will come back and visit us again!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Had reservation for 4th of July weekend. Pulled into the place at 1:00 p.m. Parking lot was more than half empty, no customers that I saw. The female clerk was a jerk. "No checking in before 3 pm". Went over to the Holiday Express next door, completely different attitude. Very courteous and allowed check in right away even though I did not have a reservation and it was the last available room. Don't waste your time with this crap hole, spend the extra $10 and get a superior room and service at the HI Express.

Room Tip: If you like an idiot for the desk clerk, this is the place for you.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank GBinUtah
Rodeway_Inn4380, General Manager at Comfort Inn Denver East, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your interaction with our staff.
However upon your arrival, your were told that we were unable to check you in that early due to lack of clean rooms. Check in time starts at 3pm, and we try to do as many early check ins as possible as we get clean rooms put into our system, to help meet our guests needs. Unfortunately because you came in so early we were unable to meet that for you. We did offer to check you in as soon as we could, as we do with each of our guests.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Imagine stepping out of the shower with both of your feet covered in soap scum. Yep, that was our experience. We were given a room whose sink and tub drains were blocked. Can't wash your face or brush your teeth or even take a normal shower. I told front desk about the issue. The response that I got was that since I was staying for one night, they will not be able to put me in another room. Night front desk staff (especially girl with long hair) was rude and not interested in her job. Will never stay here again. In the morning, I told the front desk about the horrible room. Their response was that they could not do anything since I booked through Priceline. I needed to contact Priceline directly and let Priceline provide me some form of compensation. Gave Priceline a call, and Priceline professionally emailed me a response few days later. However, email stated that the hotel is not willing to provide any sort of compensation since the blocked drainage issue was not brought to their attention (not true). There's a lesson I learnt (the hard way, unfortunately) from this experience.

Room Tip: None. Very close to highway, so it's not a quiet location.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Taymurhallal
Rodeway_Inn4380, General Manager at Comfort Inn Denver East, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We do apreciate your feedback. We take all guest complaints and issues very seriously.
After investgating your individual situation with all staff memebrs and housekeeping, we found nothing wrong with the room you stayed in. All drains in that room were and are currently working great. Also, when booking through a 3rd party website, any and all refunds, changes to reservation or cancellations must be handled by them.

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We were very overwhelmed with all the other hotels in denver asking over $150 a night... This place was priced under $100 and the staff was exceptional, the rooms were extremely clean, the bed was super soft, the towels smelled of fabric softner and the shower was exceptional! A perfect nights rest after a long week of camping at the Renaissance Festival. The complimentary breakfast was great and Yolanda was very helpful. We look forward to spending another night when we are back this way:)

• Stayed: June 2014
Rodeway_Inn4380, General Manager at Comfort Inn Denver East, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The staff tries very hard with each and every guest to provide them with exceptional customer service, and it's always good getting feedback letting us know we have done so. I have shared your comments with Yolonda and she says thank you!
Please do come back and stay with us again. We will be making many new and exciting changes to our hotel that I am sure you will love!

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Wow! What an amazing hotel! This is our first visit to a Roadway Inn. And we are amazed by this place.

We were greeted warmly by Kenneth and Crystal at check in. We haven't been treated better in any four or five star hotel where we have stayed. Such kind, and helpful staff.

I called to ask Kenneth for some directions. He surprised me with a printed, turn-by-turn set of accurate directions---without me even asking for them. Now, that's top notch service by anyone's standard. He seems like such a great young man.

Our room was immaculate and well appointed with comfortable beds, flat screen TV and refrigerator and microwave. These little conveniences really came in handy.

The hotel serves a very, very nice breakfast. The dining room is cheerful, surrounded with three story windows, and beautifully set up. Two kinds of coffee were offered as well as several kinds of juice. Fresh scrambled eggs, delicious sausage patties and flaky biscuits with gravy. The server Yolanda was very professional and kind.

The same room doubles for a manager's reception served daily. Tonight's offering was meatballs and pasta served hot. Plump, juicy hot dogs. And baked potatoes that were delicious. Your meal also includes beverage service with wine and mixed drinks. Amazing in the quality of the food and pleasant surroundings.

This hotel is an excellent value. Definitely above three stars in terms of courteous staff and the cleanliness of the property. Don't be put off by the name. You won't find a nicer hotel anywhere.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank flyingbnm
Rodeway_Inn4380, General Manager at Comfort Inn Denver East, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you so much for your great review! I am delighted to hear how great my staff took care of you during your stay! I shared your review with Kenny, Crystal, Yolonda and all the staff here at the Rodeway Inn and they all say "Thank You!" I also had the pleasure of briefly speaking to you during your stay and it was pleasure. I do hope you will come back and visit us again soon!
We are about to begin many new and exciting changes/upgrades and I think that you will really like the results!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Never thought a Rodeway Inn could be so nice. The place is really nice and clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Apparently they are continuing the "Drury" tradition of having an evening mgr's reception which features a good selection of wine and other drinks as well has some really decent food. The breakfast selection is also very nice with waffles and other delicious hot foods served. Nice place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve W
Rodeway_Inn4380, General Manager at Comfort Inn Denver East, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We appreciate the positive feedback and will use it to continue great service here at the Rodeway Inn. We do hope that you will come back and visit us again soon, we are making lots of changes to be come even better!
Thanks again!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

This facility has moved over to the Choice Hotels chain from Drury Inn but that is not a bad thing. The management is continuing with the hospitality practices and operation standards of the Drury chain (evening meals, happy hour, morning breakfasts that are more than just factory made omelets and hockey puck sized egg pancakes). The front desk staff was extremely helpful when it came to assistance in getting my business paperwork completed. While I was there they were bringing in new mattresses. The rooms were quiet even though it is located right next to I-70. In 2013 I was on the road over 200 nights and this facility would easily rank in my top 10% above some Hiltons, Marriotts, and Crowne Points.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank niederw
Rodeway_Inn4380, General Manager at Comfort Inn Denver East, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel! We do hope you will come back and stay with us again!