“bad check in experience”

Best Western Plus Denver International Airport Inn & Suites
Ranked #56 of 157 Hotels in Denver
“bad check in experience”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Average Best Western hotel and significant up charge for park and fly. Check in person was slow and took 20 minuets to check in a group of 22 that had their reservation for over a year. Couldn't figure out to look up and see if the other two of us might have an express check in. She was really slow. Typical limited not very healthy breakfast options.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BestDays_GM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denver International Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Hello, and thank you for the review. We are certainly focusing on service improvement, having just hired some more staff to more adequately allow us to train and utilize those skills to improve these experiences.

Kendall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 21 June 2014

When I arrived I was impressed with size of room, location and bed was very comfortable. Quiet location. It was next day ... Poor housekeeping ... Dirty dishes, dirty towels, and overall lack of attention. Staff is very nice and courteous. Nice gym facilities and pool. Breakfast was ok. Did the job. Don't think I would return. Good wifi.

1 Thank l r
Thank you for the review. We will certainly try and get more TLC into the property.

Fresno, CA
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is my third visit to this property. I won't return. The staff and property is is fine. Breakfast is the standard (very basic) stuff. And the breakfast area is pretty crowded WIFI is at least as bad as any I've experienced in years. On each of my stays I've had to resort to using my I-phone as a hot spot. Some times I can get an extremely slow connection from the hotel WIFI but it's usually so slow that I can't access ANYTHING. When my I-phone hot spot works MUCH better through the cell phone network, you know the WIFI is REALLY bad. I've tried to get a WIFI reception in the lobby and on the 2nd and third floors. None of their routers offer reasonable service. Parking is very limited (the place is always full). Sound insulation is marginal at best. If you get a room near the elevator or any other high traffic area you will hear everything.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevator or other high traffic areas. You will hear every noise outside your ro...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
BestDays_GM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denver International Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for the review. I apologize about the wifi difficulty. I do understand you tried several times, but I am at a loss. We have several accounts because of our strong wifi; we offer a 50M circuit as compared to many others that offer the average 12M circuit. We are also currently 27 points above the brand average in our wifi score. I do apologize your experience was not what we like to see.

bestwesterndiagm@sbcos.com
303-373-1600
Saratoga, Wyoming
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Staff friendly; rm decent. Breakfast almost 30 mins late, which meant we got very little before boarding airport shuttle. Return shuttle took 1 hr to find us even tho we kept calling. Saved $$ but lost time...

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the review. I apologize about the shuttle and breakfast issue; certainly issues that we will work on. The team hopes to have the a future opportunity to serve you.

bestwesterndiagm@sbcos.com
303-373-1600
Reviewed 31 May 2014

From the time I checked in to the time I check out there was not one thing that I could find wrong. In all my business travels this hotel certainly is on par to hotels that have much greater rates. The desk staff did a great job managing many guests at the same time getting them all checked in to the hotel quickly and efficiently. The hot tub was just what I needed after the long drive. The pool area on the whole was clean, neat, and very accommodating. The hotel is a little tucked in several others but is well worth the search.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BestDays_GM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denver International Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for the great review. I'll share it with the team and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Its a basic motel so dont expect any sophistication. The car park was full on arrival which was not the best welcome but at least shows the hotel is popular. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. The room was very basic and the bed frankly looked as though it had been slept in before, we were so tired however we just crashed out anyway. Its convenient for the airport but its not a place I would stay in again when there are better options just over the road Courtyard by Marriott for example.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to offer up a review. We appreciate the feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Kansas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I reserved this hotel early in the spring and the ratings at that time were OK. The week before our trip, I looked at the ratings again and it made me kind of nervous but everything in the area was booked due to the Memorial Day holiday.

We arrived at the hotel at check-in time, 3 PM, and check-in went smoothly. Parking was spotty but we were told we could park on the yellow in the 'street' and we had no problem with that.

We got to our room and it was clean and spacious. After a bit, there was a knock on the door and it was a lady who wanted to know if we needed towels. Apparently they realized that they had not left towels when the room was cleaned which we had not yet noticed.

Later in the evening we noticed that we didn't have a bath mat so I went to the desk. There was a line of people waiting to check in and when it was my turn, the clerk told me they were out of bath mats but offered another bath towel which worked fine. I noticed when she went to the back to get it that there were two large dryers filled with what appeared to be towels so they must have been behind on laundry.

We were going to the airport to pickup our grandchildren early the next morning and because traffic was light we decided to go with short term parking rather than take the shuttle so I can't comment on that. I also can't comment on the breakfast because we left before it started at 6 AM.

Bottom line is that we were satisfied and had no issues. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the great review, always good to impress and be better than expected! I'll share it with the team and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.