“Bad place to Stay!”

Ranked #111 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Leoti, Kansas
“Bad place to Stay!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This motel is in a very bad neighborhood the police were actually at Denny's in the parking lot after we checked in. The lobby is the only nice thing everything else is in very bad shape and very unclean. The outside of the building is in bad shape unclean, paint peeling, needs updated bad. They told us when checking in all the ground level rooms had not been cleaned yet this was at 4:45 p.m. Our room was in very bad shape unclean, burn holes in comforter, hair on floor. It was so bad we refused to take a shower. There is no way they sweep or vacuum the floors after each visit, furniture had deep scratches all over it. A tent would have been better to stay in than this place. Got woke up very early at sunrise because someone was trying to get in our room. I looked out and it was two males and the one that was trying to get in was a very scruffy unclean looking individual and found out later it was the maintenance help trying to get inside our room. It was a good thing we had everything locked up so he could not get in. I found out they rented our room early in the morning to someone else. I would suggest if you stay here to come armed and stay armed the whole time even walking to your vehicle. Denny's next door is no better walked in around 10:00 p.m. and two female waitresses are yelling and screaming at each other and was about to fight right at the cash register. Motel 6 next door also looks just as bad and people that were living in motel 6 come over to Quality Inn to eat the free breakfast. If you want drama for entertainment stay here! The convenience store next to Motel 6 was just as bad a customer was getting upset because his credit card would not work. I hurried up and got out of there before things turned ugly. This area is not for a family to stay very horrible conditions at Quality Inn. There were only a few employees wearing uniforms everyone else looked like they were living there from week to week. After seeing the male cleaning staff I could see why the rooms are not clean at all. If there was a negative review this would be the place. Worst motel I have ever stayed at in my life.

Room Tip: Find another motel!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank M22k

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel after staying at another (very nice) Quality Inn the night before in Nebraska. The front of the hotel and the lobby look very nice, but the rest of the hotel could definitely use some TLC. The rooms are all outdoor style (so your doors all lead directly outside) and it didn't seem to be the nicest neighborhood. The room was not well cleaned prior to us staying here, there was still garbage from the previous people, the shampoo bottles were half used, etc. The breakfast buffet was pretty good, though the area it's in was very small with only 3 or 4 tables so if you got there later in the morning, you might be out of luck and you're not supposed to take the food back to your room. Being near the airport, it's a fair distance from downtown Denver, and I didn't find it worth the price given the location and condition of the hotel. There are a few other hotels on the other side of the I70 that seemed much nicer from the outside, and the Motel 6 next door to this hotel seemed about the same condition but much cheaper - we paid about $90 for our room compared to Motel 6 next door advertising $50.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Destree17
Denver
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My name is Debra I'm from south Dakota I came in recently for one night cause me and my husband had a disput and had to get away. There was a nice lady named heather there to greet me. I was balling my eyes and she comforted me like I was here own grandma. She gave me a Nice room #106 I had a little trouble with curtains but I got it fixed right away..there was a trick to them. Great room,price and personality was great..nice people like her make a difference..will return again and hope to see her again. Treat her right,keep up the great rooms..

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank cityd1960
Monterey County, California
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Ghetto all around. Bad area next to rail road. Jail is near by. Breakfast looks old the people who place it don't look clean. Had a dog bark outside all night it took 4 times for front desk to do something. Car alarm kept going off outside. Don't stay here not worth the price.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Laradi89
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The guy at the front desk on 4-13 at about 1145 pm was super friendly and nice! but the room? bad. tub wasnt cleaned, there was stains on the towells and the floor? ick. this place needs some love. Dennys is next door so that helps since the breakfast is mediocre

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank sillow m
Paris
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I've often stayed at this hotel which is cheap, has free wifi, and is in a convenient location near I-70 and yet not noisy. In the past, the staff was excellent, the rooms very clean and more than once I have been helped out beyond the call of duty, so I felt loyal to it.

The hotel seems to have had a change of management, and it definitely needs some attention and sprucing up. The people are very nice but there were lots of little things wrong, like a phone with buttons missing, a shower curtain that is put on wrong, or bed linens that just didn't look fresh and clean. It adds up to a less-than-quality experience.

I will give the place one more chance out of loyalty but I was quite disappointed this time.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the west wing are kind of remote and I wouldn't feel safe there as a woman...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Bracing
Antioch, California
Reviewed 3 November 2013

i just wanted to start out by saying it was a very peaceful stay and the quality of the front desk has gotten much better since their upbringing of the property and i just wanted to point out there is one blonde gal who goes way out of her way to make people happy and always has a great attitude. and i know she appreciates her job. i think that is pretty awesome to see in a buisness

Room Tip: rooms closest to the motel 6 are peaceful
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo