“Just no.”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #114 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This place is not good. The hotel is in a bad area of town and just seems seedy and sketchy. It was very uncomfortable to be here. If we hadn't prepaid we probably would have left. The room seemed moderately clean but that was about it. The traffic getting there was a nightmare. All around the room was one of the worst that I've stayed in. The only convenience factor is that there is a Denny's close by for a quick bite to eat and it was just off the interstate. There are also train tracks nearby so it's more than a bit loud. Also the fridge was not working.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 88east

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I selected this hotel because of price and proximity to the airport. The lobby was clean and that was it. Room carpet turned my socks black in 10 minutes. The one upholstered chair in the room was heavily stained and shoved up against the adjoining room door. Outside areas had trash in corridors and stairwells. Only got a glance of the pool during my search for a working ice machine....not good. We only stayed a few hours and headed to the airport, but I wouldn't have stayed there by myself.

Room Tip: Motel 6 next door appeared to be in better shape, but I'd spend the extra $10-$15 and stay elsew...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank EllyM
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We booked the room as a cheap convenient way to be close to the airport. It's not in the best neighborhood, but it's better Newark! It's clean and good enough for one night. We didn't have any issues. Could use an update on the interior.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I only chose this hotel because of the good price and it was last minute because our flight got cancelled. I arrived at the hotel and had the pleasure of meeting a nice young lady named heather..i had a very speedy check in i think it was the fastest ive experienced. She also suprised me by recognizing my diamond elite status ..which nobody ever did. That suprised me so much. Be good to this gal shes great. The only displeasure i had was walking into a room and it was dirty..second go round i found a pipe and 2 used condoms..but 3rd time is a charm heather upgraded me to a beautiful suite #202.. loved it..very satisfied by my outcome..only thing is housekeeping should really try harder..trust me it helps. I hope when i return i get the pleasure of seeing heather cause i wanna tell her boss how much of a pleasure she is and she needs recognition. You dont meet to many people like her that makes her buisness look awesome. The check in is the most important. Shes a 5 star general

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Sky A, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2016

I see that some time has passed since you left these sweet words, but I'd still like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. Heather is just the best, isn't she? I'm glad she was able to get you in a room that you were comfortable in, and I hope we'll get to see you again! We love our diamond elite status members, so please be sure to come back by!

Take care,
Ray, Manager

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My family and I only stayed here for two nights on our way to Avon Col. I must say that the morning breakfast was good and our children really enjoyed it. The room was ok, beds not bad however the comforters were way to heavy. The only draw back to this hotel was the elevator. There was only one and if you were on any floor except lobby you would be waiting at least 15-20 minutes for the elevator to get to your floor. All in all not that bad, elevator was terrible.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The only upbeat things I can say about this hotel is the lady at the front desk was nice, and the lobby and entrance was clean & tidy.

I found the Quality Inn through the 'Choice Hotels' website, and thought we were staying at a good property.
The room was dirty, dank, and I don't believe it had been cleaned. A dirty washcloth that I assume belonged to the last guest was still in the bottom of the shower.
The room was advertised as having queen size beds. These beds were clearly full size, and not as advertised.
Plus...I placed on my reservation that we had a dog, and verbalized it to the lobby lady, and to my surprised, we were placed in a room that clearly stated "No Pets".
My neighbors cornered the market on marijuana, as that is what we smelled all night.
The parking lot was a mess.
I did witness a drug deal, and prostitution right out in the open while walking my dog.
The walkway, walls, stairs,,,all filthy.
The next morning I noted someone had taken their trash, and emptied it all over the lot.
Not surprising I have not received a visit survey from this establishment.
We did not feel safe here.
Bad neighborhood.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This motel is in a very bad neighborhood the police were actually at Denny's in the parking lot after we checked in. The lobby is the only nice thing everything else is in very bad shape and very unclean. The outside of the building is in bad shape unclean, paint peeling, needs updated bad. They told us when checking in all the ground level rooms had not been cleaned yet this was at 4:45 p.m. Our room was in very bad shape unclean, burn holes in comforter, hair on floor. It was so bad we refused to take a shower. There is no way they sweep or vacuum the floors after each visit, furniture had deep scratches all over it. A tent would have been better to stay in than this place. Got woke up very early at sunrise because someone was trying to get in our room. I looked out and it was two males and the one that was trying to get in was a very scruffy unclean looking individual and found out later it was the maintenance help trying to get inside our room. It was a good thing we had everything locked up so he could not get in. I found out they rented our room early in the morning to someone else. I would suggest if you stay here to come armed and stay armed the whole time even walking to your vehicle. Denny's next door is no better walked in around 10:00 p.m. and two female waitresses are yelling and screaming at each other and was about to fight right at the cash register. Motel 6 next door also looks just as bad and people that were living in motel 6 come over to Quality Inn to eat the free breakfast. If you want drama for entertainment stay here! The convenience store next to Motel 6 was just as bad a customer was getting upset because his credit card would not work. I hurried up and got out of there before things turned ugly. This area is not for a family to stay very horrible conditions at Quality Inn. There were only a few employees wearing uniforms everyone else looked like they were living there from week to week. After seeing the male cleaning staff I could see why the rooms are not clean at all. If there was a negative review this would be the place. Worst motel I have ever stayed at in my life.

Room Tip: Find another motel!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family