“Very Nice and Pleasant Stay for the Money”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #113 of 159 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 2 February 2011

Flew into Denver and saw this Hotel on Choice.Com,Was a little sceptical,But was proved otherwise.There is a Denny,s right there,Also had a free continental which helps in the morning. Staff was VERY Helpfull and VERY courteous to my Questions about the surrounding Areas Sights and Attractions.Downtown Denver is about 7 miles or less,Which makes this Hotel very easy to find your way around Denver.I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 January 2011

I liked everything about this motel. The location was easy in and easy out. Checkin was friendly and efficient. The room was one of the cleanest rooms I have every stayed in. The beds were comfy. A continental breakfast was offered and it was very good. The entire area was kept clean and tidy. The selection was good. It even had hot sausages and eggs.

The only thing I did not like was the fan on the heater was quite noisy. Thankfully it was nice and warm and I really didn't need it.

I will stay here again on my next trip.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2010

We were booked here for our first and last nights of our holiday. The first night was OK - but only just.The last night was very poor. The first room we were given smelled strongly of stale smoke and the second one had a seriously faulty bath tap and a sticking valve on the loo which caused the floor to be flooded - neither of which must have been reported by the cleaner. The repair man came and sorted out the problems and then had to return when we found that there was a faulty plug in the bath. So to bed, only to realise that less than 30 yards away on this side of the motel, was a 24 hour Wendys restaurant, frequented by truckers who came and went all night long with the resultant noise of air-brakes and conversations - not a night to be repeated!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2010

I agree with Rednecktreveller that this would not impress the suits. Does me just fine. I am on my third stay here and have found no serious issues. When in town I need a place that is inexpensive, and staff that will go the extra mile. Need something printed at the last moment? Take your flash to the desk, get invited to walk around the counter, and print away. The staff is relaxed, yet very attentive. The best part is that since all the doors are exterior you can get a room and park right in front of it. The breakfast is the standard juice and cereal with some eggs and sausage thrown in. Housekeeping is solid as is insect control. General room maintenance/upkeep is average/slightly below - the place is showing it's age. AC/heat are just fine. Wifi has always been good for me, solid up and down. At $74 a night for a large one room king suite is a steal. It will depend on your tastes of course....

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2010

As the friends I was visiting were having their house remodeled, I stayed here six nights at a total cost of under $400.00. The room was clean (I only saw two bugs, one deceased and the other breathing its last, indicating a recent visit from the experminator), the staff friendly and the free breakfast adequate, with sausages and eggs in addition to the usual pastries and cereal (if you don't appreciate this, there is a Waffle House and a Denny's nearby and several fast food places just across I-70). The room was relatively roomy and had a comfortable recliner. There are about 26 TV channels available. The main drawback to this property is the location, well east of downtown Denver and, if you care about such things, in a definitely blue collar area. Also, train whistles at a nearby railroad grade crossing can easily be heard. The interior of my room--paint and furniture--was showing its age, although I noticed new furniture being delivered to the rooms in another wing of the hotel. If you insist in only patronizing hotels used by suits on expense accounts, this property is not for you but it has clean, affordable and comfortable accomodations for the rest of us.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2010

Stayed here for a couple of days. If a hot breakfast with greasy sausages is your health trip, then you have come to the right place. The picture of the front as shown is correct as when you arrive at the motel it does look very nice but going up the side of the motel to park, it seems you have come to a filthy place. The corridors on the side and the inside ones were dirty with cigarette butts lying around. They promise a wifi but there is hardly any signal. So if you need to be on the net during your stay, you are out of luck. Guests here were doing bbq way into the night and drinking and making a lot of noise but the management did not care. Thankfully it was hot and the A/C was running so we did not suffer much. Houskeeping does do a good job but overall I would look for another place next trip

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2010

We stayed here for one night using our Choice Rewards points. It only took 6000 points which is the lowest amount so didn't know what to expect. The young girl checking us in was very pleasant and helpful. We asked if there was an Applebee's nearby and told her we'd prefer to not get back on the freeway because it was backed up. She looked it up and got the directions for us. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable with nice bedding. The breakfast also was quite good - it had sausage and eggs along with the usual things. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple