“No place for guests to make racist comments so loud”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Airport DIA
Ranked #63 of 157 Hotels in Denver
“No place for guests to make racist comments so loud”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I was walking down the hallway very early in the morning (had to catch an early flight). I heard a guest call the young lady behind the desk the "N" word. I was horrified. I was told because the guest was a "high volume" guest, that corporate didn't want to ban the guest and protect their employer. I wrote corporate and told them that profit cannot supercede doing what's right. I received a call from the hotel manager who told me things had been done and everything is OK now. I am just curious if it turned out OK for the employee. I will think twice now before I give my money to La Quinta. The hotel was great by the way, I just can't support a company who had to "decide" whether or not they are going to do the right thing. Again, no problem at all with the hotel itself. It was great!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Keeter59

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Swainton, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this hotel. Prompt service on check in, lovely lobby, very spacious. We stayed here because of the proximity to the airport, which proved to be a good choice. I was also very happy that the continental breakfast started at 4AM! The food was not great, but at least you got something to get you going (and coffee!). We did not use the shuttle service, so I cannot comment on it. One negative was our room was at the end of the hallway near the elevator, so you could hear the dinging of the bell whenever it stopped at our floor.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Samantha P
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 July 2012

This hotel was very clean, and modern. The room layout was a little different, but not a problem and a welcome change to the ordinary. The only downfall to my stay was I did not have shampoo in my room when I arrived.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pensacola
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Property is clean, pleasant and presentable. Two computers available in lobby for public and neither would successfully print. Fixing or investigating the problem was not a concern to the employee I consulted. Called the desk 3 different times to leave a wake up call. Never answered after at least 10 rings. Finally, called from my cell, and a very pleasant person answered on the third ring. I explained that my room phone must not work and requested she call me back. She did, it worked, and finally a wake up call request submitted.

Room Tip: We are on the second floor and no problems.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Sydney
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Overall everything good but breakfast was a bit of a letdown
Amazing Italian restaurant just next to the hotel. Great food and huge decorated venue. Very pleasant surprise given this area has nothing but airport hotels.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank CJWSydney
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 16 July 2012 via mobile

We stay at this property frequently when we travel and it is consistently good. The value as well as the proximity to the airport make this a good place to stay.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jim K
Travellers also viewed these Denver hotels
Denver International Airport
Best Western Plus Denver International Airport Inn & Suites

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Airport DIA? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Airport DIA

Property: La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Airport DIA
Address: 6801 Tower Rd, Denver, CO 80249-6327
Region: United States > Colorado > Denver
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #63 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Airport DIA 2.5*
Effective 1/10/2014 This hotel is 100% Smoke Free. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LaQuinta, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Airport DIA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Inn And Suites Denver International Airport Hotel Denver