“Needed a hotel by the airport”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Airport DIA
Ranked #65 of 157 Hotels in Denver
A TripAdvisor Member
“Needed a hotel by the airport”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

My wife, kids amd I needed a place to stay to catch a flight after a vacation. We dropped off our rental car and were surprised to find that there were several pretty decent restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Well traveling alone with two young children is difficult from the beginning which was magnified by poor service. We have stayed at this La Quinta in the past and it was ok and convient so we chose to return. This will be our last trip. We frequent La Quinta's for the fact the allow dogs, the reward program, and relative nice accommodations for the cost. So we waited for over an hour, and watched the van pass by, the clearly marked waiting area for the hotel, twice. Even had the adjacent hotel van driver help with a futile attempt at waving the LQ van down. The next drive by only left us more frustrated and a different van operator offered to take us there for 10$. Well after two phone calls and poor judgement we continued to the hotel. What has changed in the last year to make this place go so far down hill. The toiletries and progressed to a postage stamp size soap. The end. The facets were dirty and hard water stained. TSP will take care of that real quick and give the appearance of near new. So, this is one LQ that we will avoid and drop an extra 20-30$ for an extra star accommodation near DIA.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We are a family with 2 children, and stayed before leaving for an early flight. I wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised - hotel was large, friendly desk, breakfast area was large, rooms were clean, bathrooms were quite large. I was disappointed that the only option for 2 beds were full size, no queen. It made for crammed sleeping but overall, everything was good. However, give yourself like 2 hours before an early flight, if you are catching a plane. The airport was packed, we arrived slightly late after returning a rental car & catching a shuttle, and United Airlines wouldn't check out bags (7 min late for the 45 min cut-off). The flight turned into a nightmare day, but I blame it all on United. :)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank NBcares
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I was walking down the hallway very early in the morning (had to catch an early flight). I heard a guest call the young lady behind the desk the "N" word. I was horrified. I was told because the guest was a "high volume" guest, that corporate didn't want to ban the guest and protect their employer. I wrote corporate and told them that profit cannot supercede doing what's right. I received a call from the hotel manager who told me things had been done and everything is OK now. I am just curious if it turned out OK for the employee. I will think twice now before I give my money to La Quinta. The hotel was great by the way, I just can't support a company who had to "decide" whether or not they are going to do the right thing. Again, no problem at all with the hotel itself. It was great!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Keeter59
Swainton, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this hotel. Prompt service on check in, lovely lobby, very spacious. We stayed here because of the proximity to the airport, which proved to be a good choice. I was also very happy that the continental breakfast started at 4AM! The food was not great, but at least you got something to get you going (and coffee!). We did not use the shuttle service, so I cannot comment on it. One negative was our room was at the end of the hallway near the elevator, so you could hear the dinging of the bell whenever it stopped at our floor.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Samantha P
Travellers also viewed these Denver hotels
Denver International Airport
Best Western Plus Denver International Airport Inn & Suites

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Airport DIA? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Airport DIA

Property: La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Airport DIA
Address: 6801 Tower Rd, Denver, CO 80249-6327
Region: United States > Colorado > Denver
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #65 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Airport DIA 2.5*
Effective 1/10/2014 This hotel is 100% Smoke Free. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, LaQuinta, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Airport DIA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Inn And Suites Denver International Airport Hotel Denver