“This was the perfect place”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Airport DIA
Ranked #62 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We recently flew in to Denver on a deliberate 24 hour layover. I was traveling with 2 daughters, a son in law and my new granddaughter and wanted a nice, CLEAN yet affordable hotel I could keep the baby at while the "kids" explored the area. This was the perfect place. I was able to take the baby for a relaxed walk. We sat in the garden gazebo and a baby bunny even hopped up and sat by us in the grass. The next morning we enjoyed some fruit and waffles before taking a nice swim. Truely perfect. Everything was clean and kept, the staff was so friendly and helpful, and the location was very convenient.

Room Tip: Pillow top bed with extra pillows " ) 5th floor, slept like the baby...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Airport DIA

Reviewed 9 August 2012

An excellent option if you need to stay near the Denver International Airport. Rooms are spacious and clean. There is free wifi. Continental Breakfast is included. Food is OK. Airport is just 10 min away. There is a shuttle service

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jlballesteros
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Stopped her on a drive through Denver. Selected La Quinta based on online reviews and now wished I had picked a different place to stay. Nice property from the outside. Staff were friendly and check in/out efficient. Breakfast the next morning starting at 4 am was a big bonus, even though the food was worse than most free hotel breakfasts. Places to eat dinner in the area are very limited. Bad part for me was the room was not up to standards. The bathroom needed a LOT of maintenance. They use French style doors for some strange reason and ours not only did not close properly but the lock was broken off. Lots of broken tile in the baseboards. The shower worked fine, but the tub was old and looked dirty. The room at 30% more expensive than a Hampton Inn in downtown SLC we stayed in the night before and the Hampton was a winner where this property was not. There are a lot of options in the Denver airport area - shop around.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank RenoBret
A TripAdvisor Member
San Antonio, Texas, USA
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Had a great time at La Quinta Denver Airport location. Shuttle drivers were so nice and friendly, food was decent for a quick breakfast and nearby restaurants were great. Wish the weather had cooperated, but evening showers quickly passed. Clean rooms and my stay was very restful. Would definitely return to the same location.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I stayed at La Quinta Denver Airport as part of my Colorado trip.I was landing in DIA in the night and was planning to goto Estes park the next morning. I wanted a hotel with good connectivity to the airport and some basic breakfast in the morning.

It seems that all the airport hotels are in the same general area on Tower road, with a few eateries sprinkled in.There are shuttles running to the hotels every 15-20 minutes from airport and they come at the pre-destined island on the terminal.
It is all very simple and ordered. I like that.

Of the hotels on Tower rd, this one fell in my budget range, as i did not want to spend too much on something that was just a night's rest.

We got to the hotel by shuttle, and the driver was very helpful. The night-clerk had already got my keys and stuff ready, so the check-in was a breeze. The room has a lot of space and the bed was comfortable. They have a "sunshine theme" going on with yellow and orange being the primary colors every where. The bathroom was big and well-equipped. Only thing i felt weird about was that the bathroom had double doors which opened into the bedroom, and they did not close that tight. I don't know if this is a "thing" but may be uncomfortable for some parties. I was with my wife and so this was okay.

They have a gym, pool and laundry. There is a lawn with a meandering path which was very beautiful in the summer sun. I wanted to spend some time in Gym, but seeing the path i had a run.

The breakfast consisted of cereal, boiled eggs, juice, fruits, coffee, bagels, muffins and hot waffles. It was pretty sufficient.

This was the first stop on our Colorado itinerary and the stay was very pleasant.We would certainly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank manumaan
Reviewed 5 August 2012

This was the first time we had stayed with this chain. We needed a hotel close to the airport as we had been travelling for over 21 hours. We were offered a very good rate and found it easily in a road consisting of airport hotels. Very large car park which was full. Check in was quick and our rooms were large and comfortable.

Large breakfast area with good breakfast selection. Would happily stay here again.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Lafayette, Louisiana, USA
Reviewed 2 August 2012

My wife, kids amd I needed a place to stay to catch a flight after a vacation. We dropped off our rental car and were surprised to find that there were several pretty decent restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family