“Smells like raw sewage”

Ranked #63 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Steamboat Springs, United States
“Smells like raw sewage”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed on the 1st floor and noticed a rancid smell. I notified the front desk and the told me it was a plumbing issue nearby. That is it. No apology, or offer to change rooms. Gross. I was also told when I made the reservation that I could have 9 dollar a day parking passes and she would make a note for when I checked in to give me them. I got in late and never got offered them. I called the day after when I realized and the girl told me she would have to charge me $80 more. Only gone 3 days. She was rude on phone and I will never stay at a La Quinta again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Brian C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This hotel is located near the airport in a newly developed area where there is a lot of vacant land. We found it well-maintained and very clean with up-to-date furnishings. There is a guest laundry facility with one washer and dryer which we used. There was free detergent available as well as some for purchase. Our bed was comfortable and we slept well. There were waffles and boiled eggs on the breakfast buffet along with the usual cereal and bagel offerings. There is a McDonald's nearby if you want something else. The staff was very helpful. On looking outside the next morning, we found that the hotel faces a field of sunflowers with a red barn in the distance. Nice!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 60742Traveler
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 6 November 2013

First impressions are everything right ? Well when you arrive after dark and every hotel around has a front sign illuminated makes it easy to find, not so with this hotel. Front sign was dark, hard to find.
Ok now the good, once inside check in went nice and easy ,friendly clerk. The lobby was very nice.
Once in the room, looked and was very clean, however the refrigerator and microwave were unplugged and put in front an adjoining door, just seemed strange. Turned on the TV it was downloading data ? went on for over an hour then worked. After dinner came back was exhausted, bed was very comfortable pillows nice. Time to sleep, nope loud neighbors making that hard. Problem it seems is very thin walls. Even in the morning could hear doors slamming, not good.
The bathroom was large and nice, except no exhaust fan, which of course means fogged up mirrors.
Breakfast in the morning starts at 5am which is great for early travelers as we were. Standard hotel brekfast fare.
All in all ,not bad, with several other hotels nearby I would probably look elsewhere next time for more quiet.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MichiganBoots
Stonewall, Canada
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I absolutely loved this hotel. It was clean and quiet, the staff was helpful, the room was beautiful and the internet worked great! I'll definitely stay there again!! :) And the bed was really comfy! It was close to our office there and close to the airport. Excellent location. I highly recommend :)

1 Thank Kelly H
HAYDEN
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Have stayed here 3 times this fall, first two stays very good, nice staff, we really like the room layouts, and kids love the pool which is one of the nicer ones we have seen in this size hotel. Our third stay was not not good, we got in late and had the 2 room suite booked which is what we were checked into. However the 2 person sleeper had been switched to a single, since it was so late no other rooms were available, and all rollaways were out. When we made res we were told had double sleeper, hotel web site not updated. Anyway one person slept on floor since there were four people. Called the GM when returned from our trip and he was aware of problem and refunded our nights stay no questions asked. In my book that has earned this hotel another chance for us.

Room Tip: Hotel in state of minor work in rooms, double heck your room and bedding layouts.
1 Thank LLOYD W
USA
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Upon arriving to DIA I called the hotel because I was not familiar where the shuttle center was. Megan answered the phone and gave me step by step directions which helped me get there without any problems. I took the shuttle which arrived within 5 minutes from my arrival to DIA. The hotel is about a short 10 minute drive from the airport. Upon walking into the hotel I was greeted by Megan. She remembered my name and had everything ready to go for me. The hotels lobby is a very nice size and extremely inviting. My room was on the 5th floor which the elevator was just a quick walk from the front desk. The entire hotel was very clean and well maintained. My room was just what I needed. There was a comfortable king size bed, a great television lineup, big bathroom, and the lighting was great allowing me to productively get work done. I had an early flight in the morning and went down for breakfast. I was welcomed by a very friendly Jamie who checked me out and assisted me in getting to the airport. Breakfast was very nice and convenient. There were several types of juice, coffee, cereals, yogurts, and pastries. Everything you need to get your morning going. I had a great stay there and would recommend this hotel to everyone.

1 Thank Vince R
Denver, United States
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Close to the Denver Airport, friendly staff, restaurants within walking distance, comfortable beds perfect for an early flight! Beautiful courtyard with a gazebo, pool and hot tub with a breakfast buffet perfect for the business traveler or family. We enjoyed our stay and would return again.