“Great Hotel, including the Spa and Restaurant”

The Ritz-Carlton, Denver
Ranked #7 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Blue Bell, PA
“Great Hotel, including the Spa and Restaurant”
Reviewed 24 July 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Denver Ritz for one night on our way to Denver Airport from our Aspen vacation. We enjoyed a massage before dinner. Jade was a wonderful masseuse who really worked hard during the 50 minute rubdown. Prior to the massage, I enjoyed the whirlpool and steam room in the men's locker room, and admired the incredible work-out facility including the lap pool, basketball court, and multiple cardio and weight machines. These were free to use by Ritz guests at the neighboring fitness facility. Unfortunately, I didn't utilize these, but considering so many hotels charge extra these days for such facilities, I felt it worthwhile mentioning.
We enjoyed dinner at Elways. The Tuna appetizer and soup were fantastic, the Steaks were some of the best I have ever had, and our servers were fantastic. We enjoyed a two block walk to the "16th Street Mall", and watched Happy Hour at the various restaurants extend past 10PM. The town was rockin'. Got a great package rate for the spa and restaurant with the room on the Ritz' website. Only downside was that my morning shower was lacking Hot-Water. Not sure if a lot of people were showering or there was a problem, but I will overlook it as the shower was great the night before, and when I told the front desk, they were very apologetic. I would gladly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 18 July 2011

The hotel staff was incredible! They were first class with conversation, accommodation and service. The rooms were spacious and clean. We also enjoyed the spa and the workout room. Elway's is downstairs and has fabulous food and drinks. The hotel is within walking distance of many things to do downtown. I highly recommend this hotel. The only downside is that you might hear sirens throughout the night. That is what it is like being in a large city and downtown.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I had a fabulous weekend stay at this hotel. The service and staff were fabulous. They even upgraded us to a corner suite:) The staff remembered us each by our name the entire stay. Wonderful hotel. Only downside was they didn't have a private pool/mineral bath. But great for a city hotel!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
LindsayD72
Reviewed 3 July 2011

I stayed at the Ritz recently on a business trip and was very impressed by the entire stay. The room was pristine, beautiful, and very comfortable. Additional amenities such as the included 52,000 sq ft gym next door (with fitness classes included - I took a TRX suspension trainer class!), a daily newsletter of Rockies games, Red Rocks concerts and other local happenings, and the espresso machine took the experience to another level. I got this room at a very affordable government rate, and it is well worth the extra price.

The location made my co-worker nervous since it is farther than some of the other hotels but I found it to be a great location and very walkable. There is also a free streetcar 3 blocks over that takes you up and down most of 16th St (lots of shops and restaurants). The Ritz was also very convenient to Coors Field and Ellway's was a popular destination for others at the conference so after dinner I was right at my room!

The Ritz staff was unsurpassed in friendliness and attentiveness. I highly recommend this hotel and myself will be checking for a Ritz Carlton hotel before any others on all future trips.

• Stayed June 2011
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Just came back from a 3 night stay at the Ritz Carlton @ Denver. Hotel Service is above and beyond. Rooms are very comfortable and clean, pretty much what you would expect from a 5 star hotel, with reasonable prices. Although the immediate vicinity of the hotel is good, downtown Denver generally is somewhat unpolished and dirty so I'll try a hotel in the north side next time. $28 for overnight parking was a little steep, but valet service was great. Always ready to give bottles of water and advice on places to go.

Room Tip: Request a room on the upper levels for a good view
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Not only is this another great property in the Ritz Carlton Family, the staff is exceptional. We met several that have worked in the company for over 20 years. This property also offers excellent work out facilities and spa. I can not say enough about the service and staff attitude, truly exceptional.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Los Angeles
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Having never stayed at a Ritz-Carlton, I was excited to see how my stay would be. I couldn't have made my experience better if I tried. Everything was great, including a chef who prepared my meal and sent up a message for me to enjoy and signed it with the same last name as mine. It made me feel like the staff actually cared who stayed in their establishment. To notice something as small as the name on the order made me feel like this place was special and treated their customers the same way. Thank you Ritz-Carlton Denver and Chef Yazzie.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business