“Excellence in Denver”

Ranked #7 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Carlsbad, California
“Excellence in Denver”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Spent Mother's Day weekend in this fabulous hotel. From the moment I pulled into the valet, I was greeted by smiles and the valet complimenting me on my rental making conversation on it for a while. I step inside to the lobby and the host greeted my by name which I believe the valet advised her by radio. My suite was on the 9th floor and was immaculate with a nice view of Coors field and the Northern Rockies. Any time I called down to any of the services, was answered by an enthusiastic voice ready to help me. Since I did leave the property quite often, the hotel kept my rental at the front most of the trip which made for easy access. Room service and Elways was excellent. I definitely will stay here again on future trips.

Room Tip: Corner suites are quite spacious!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We just returned from a Saturday night stay. Arrived early for a play at performing arts center and was checked in perfectly. Left a few items in the car and the valets were wonderful to retrieve them. The staff could not have been nicer and more attentive. There are 11 lamps in the 2 rooms of our suite (501) and it's still dark. The TVs being in front of the windows doesn't help but I really can't think of anywhere else for them to be. The bed was super comfy but a truly ridiculous design. The frame of the bed comes out beyond the corner of the bed. It is a narrow pass to get to the far side of the bed. My husband broke his little toe on the frame. (Ouch!) Who designs a bed like this? No one who ever has to make it or get into it. He was barely able to sleep and fortunately could get his shoe on in the morning. Our tv remote didn't work and a technician was there in 5 minutes and had it fixed instantly. The cold water fixture on one sink (left) did not work without extreme manipulation. The bathrooms are lovely and large. I never understand a lovered door for a toilet. I am being really picky because a 5 star hotel is suppose to be just that. The attitude is so much better than the Four Seasons but the building isn't nearly as grand. The value is much better if your dollar is important.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We spent two nights here on a recent visit to Denver. We chose the Ritz for two reasons; one-location...it was very close to our son's apartment, which was important to us and brand recognition. We were well acquainted with the name. This hotel did not disappoint! The location was perfect, less than 5 minute walk to our son's, near Coors Field and all the action of the 16th Street Mall. Everything about this hotel was perfect. The staff was warm and welcoming from the minute we walked in until the moment we checked out. We loved our rooom...tastefully decorated, exceptionally comfortable bed, and high end amenities.
The hotel smells wonderful...though we did detect a "scent" newly associated with the Denver area in the elevator one our first day, if you get my gist. That was the only surprise we had at this upscale, lovely hotel!
We will definitely go back!

Room Tip: We had a city view room with a slight viw of the mountains. The only down side is that it also inclu...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This property is in an older building, so short of demolition there is not much they can do about the narrow windows and dark ambiance in their guest rooms. It would have been much better had they not put a big flat screen TV in front of what window there was left, then maybe I could have figured out what city I was in. There were weird noises when the wind blew at night like a door creaking or wind howling through the walls (a ghost?--I don't think so, just the wind, but for you ghostbusters out there it was room 1119!) The bed was wonderful, though.
Room service was uneven. One evening we enjoyed a delicious dinner but morning room service was consistently disappointing. Something was always missing -like the juice or the bacon, or the paper--stale pastries, or your choices were unavailable--once it was so late (over an hour) they did comp us, but by that time we were getting ready for a lunch meeting and it didn't really matter. It was too late to enjoy it and for me, having breakfast in my room is like the ultimate luxury--I dream about it every day I pour my own cereal at home.
I give their club floor a huge rave review, though, and if you have associates to entertain or just want to unwind with free drinks and goodies, this can't be beat! If you go, enjoy the club room and forget about breakfast in bed.

Room Tip: Get a room with Club floor access. Be warned though, you will pay more than you would at the Four S...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
stevenJanicek, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Denver, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at The Ritz-Carlton, Denver. Please know we are determined to provide the best guest experience possible and your feedback is key to providing that. It’s always a pleasure to hear positive comments such as your Club Level experience. I personally apologize your in room dining meals were less than stellar; thank you for letting us know so we can look into the internal breakdown. Please know we have an engineering team currently working to solve the lighting issues you mentioned and hope next time you visit you will notice the improvements; if you find yourself back in the Mile High City, I’d be more than happy to ensure your next stay is flawless and hope you will reach out to me personally to set up a future visit.
Baton Rouge
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Took a spontaneous trip from Louisiana to visit Red Rocks amphitheatre to see Sting in concert. Needed a place to stay and the Ritz seemed like the perfect place.

It is situated downtown, easy access from the interstate. The area was very clean and laid back.

Check-in was effortless, the room was more than adequate. Stayed on the concierge floor - the setup was perfect for late afternoon snacks and breakfast.

We ate lunch at Elway's. Great meal and great service.

Excellent experience - highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The Ritz Carlton in Denver is such a nice property! The staff is extremely attentive, the rooms are beautiful, and it is well located. The bathroom was magnificent. We enjoyed cocktails at Elway's, but did not eat any meals at the hotel otherwise.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
stevenJanicek, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Denver, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at The Ritz Carlton Denver. I am delighted you enjoyed your room and all of our facilities and hope that during your next visit you will leave time to try our Elway's Steakhouse and enjoy the finest Steak in Colorado.
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at several Ritz's in the past and am a Marriott Platinum member. In advance of our booking and two days before; I called to confirm we would have lounge access. However, upon check-in they denied it.

I understand some Ritz's don't honor Marriott points; but this should be clear and consistent when calling the hotel.

Stayed April 2014
stevenJanicek, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Denver, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent stay at The Ritz Carlton Denver. We greatly value your Marriott Platinum status and make every effort to communicate prior to arrival what we are able to extend as far as recognition and upgrades however it seems in your situation we failed in that mission. Please know we are determined to provide every courtesy possible to all of our guests with special attention to our most loyal guests however based on business levels there are times we simply are not able to extend Club Level access to all guests simply based upon capacity and commitments made. If your travels bring you back to Denver, I would welcome the opportunity to see what we can do to make your next stay special and hope you contact me personally to assist with setting up those arrangements.