“Highly Recommend!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Denver
Ranked #8 of 161 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was our first time staying at the Ritz in Downtown Denver. Everything about the Ritz was outstanding! The room was very clean, outstanding room service. We had breakfast ordered to the room every morning. It was that good!! :)
You couldn't ask for a better location in downtown Denver.
We also had reservations at the hotel restaurant, "John Elway's". The food and service was top notch! This was also our first time ever to Denver. We like trying different places, however were already looking to return this summer.

Room Tip: I very seldom care to leave a comment good or bad. However this place was incredible! We paid extra...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
stevenJanicek, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at The Ritz Carlton Denver. We are so delighted that you enjoyed your 1st visit to our Mile High City and chose The Ritz Carlton Denver for this special occasion. Your comments regarding In Room Dining and Elway's will certainly be shared with our Ladies and Gentlemen and your feedback about your room is great news as well and something we work so hard in delivering to all of our guests.

You noted you will be back and I hope you contact me directly to set up all arrangements and hopefully we get a chance to meet during your return trip to The Ritz Carlton Denver.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I usually stay at the Brown however as the Brown restaurant does not serve fresh salsa or pico de gallo with their Denver omelet but vile, jarred Pace Picante Sauce I decided on the Ritz instead. This was a wise move as the receptionist not only upgraded me to a large suite but the restaurant cuts its own salsa fresh. Breakfast was swiftly served, finely presented, but everything from the espresso to the egg white omelet was cooked perfectly. The staff was the soul of courtesy from check-in to check-out.

Room Tip: The suites facing the Rockies offer a great view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
stevenJanicek, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words and for staying with us, I am delighted you enjoyed your visit to The Ritz Carlton Denver and look forward to meeting you during your next stay with us. Since you enjoyed Elway's breakfast so much you need to come back and enjoy the best steak in Denver in the evening.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We very much enjoyed our stay. Beds are very comfortable. However housekeeping has a lot to be desired. Particularly in the club lounge. Spots on the floor and furniture. Crumbs everywhere. Broken toilet. Smelled like a sour rag was used. Not so Ritzy.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terri A

Thank you for providing these details from your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your visit; please know we greatly value your feedback and can only improve when we are made aware of our shortcomings. We are determined to provide exceptional experiences for our guests each and every time and I apologize we failed in some areas during this last stay. If your travels bring you back to Denver, I would welcome the opportunity to make your next stay excellent and hope you contact me personally to assist with setting up a reservation.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

The property lives up to it's name. Well appointed lobby and rooms. Comfortable beds. Clean. Quiet. Professional and helpful service. Easy walking distance to several downtown hot spots. Didn't get a chance to visit Elways but it was packed when we walked by. Unfortunately only spent one night here arriving late and departing early, but it was enough to know that I'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed 3/15/14 and 3/15/16. On the 15th of March I went down to the spa to get a deep tissue massage. I had finished up my massage to find out that my locker had been broken into. My locker was the only locker broken into of course none of the employees had noticed anything suspicious. The thief got away with a $2000 Movado watch $1200 cash, all of my credit cards, and on top of that my social security card. The thief racked up thousands on my credit cards by the time I was out of my massage.

Loss prevention came and did a report as well as the police. I wanted to meet the police officer in the lobby, but the Ritz did not want bad press so of course they came up to my room. Shortly after all of this the GM Steve Janicek found me in the club access room. He than offered an apology and assured me that I would not be upset with the claims process of the Marriott because they are a "5 star diamond hotel."

Well I was called by Marriott loss prevention company yesterday and told they were not going to be covering any of my losses or compensating me in anyway. I called Steve at this time, and he assured me he would get with his team, and get right back to me.

He never called me back,and I had to call him twice before he would answer. This time he seemed to have an attitude with me and asked me " what exactly I thought I'd get in return."

Pretty horrible customer service and horrible security and just an all around mind blowing experience for staying at the Ritz. I hope everyone reads this and just realizes this is just another greedy corporation that does not care at all about their customers.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Thomas W
stevenJanicek, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry you are not satisfied with my follow-up or how things were handled and I remain interested in speaking with you to reach a fair and equitable settlement remains my goal. I can be reached at 303-312-3800 and would welcome your call.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We have never stayed in this property, even though we have lived in Denver 14 years and celebrate special events with hotel weekends downtown. We finally stayed here in May and have realized what we were missing. This place is wonderful. Room is extremely confortable, staff is friendly, knowledgable and they know the meaning of the work "service". I would recommned investing in and upgrading to the Club floor. The Club is a calm quiet oasis to either begin your day, end your day, or just take a calm break in between everything. We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Club Floor, King Suite. Enough said!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Spent Mother's Day weekend in this fabulous hotel. From the moment I pulled into the valet, I was greeted by smiles and the valet complimenting me on my rental making conversation on it for a while. I step inside to the lobby and the host greeted my by name which I believe the valet advised her by radio. My suite was on the 9th floor and was immaculate with a nice view of Coors field and the Northern Rockies. Any time I called down to any of the services, was answered by an enthusiastic voice ready to help me. Since I did leave the property quite often, the hotel kept my rental at the front most of the trip which made for easy access. Room service and Elways was excellent. I definitely will stay here again on future trips.

Room Tip: Corner suites are quite spacious!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family