“Five star hotel for family visit”

The Ritz-Carlton, Denver
Ranked #8 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Had the pleasure to stay at the RC Denver for 5 nights this past week in a two room suite with our family of 4. Traveling across the country with a 5 yo and almost 2 yo is not an easy task but the staff at the RC Denver made it so much better. From the cold water as you come in and leave the hotel to the kind people who ran up the extra towels, tooth brush and something else we needed during our visit, the staff was above and beyond great. All the front desk people were so friendly and sociable. The concierge was on the ball. The valet team was verrrry patient and so kind to my small car obsessed boys. We did the scavenger hunt and we were rewarded with cute little lions in ritz t shirts and a lion backpack. My boys were obsessed with the small kids check in desk by the big check in desk and ran over to see the big stuffed lion everytime we were in the lobby. The front desk team was always so patient with them and answered my 5 yo questions about the hotel so kindly. Housekeeping was amazing as well. Room was in tip top shape and it was hard to do with my crew and all their stuff. None of our stuffed animals or blankies ever got mixed up in the laundry!!!!! Mini fridge brought up in about 1 minute when we needed it for milk. All in all it was a perfect stay ! It was hard traveling with kids but it was made so much easier here ! Also the courtesy car was a huge hit and the pick up at the aquarium was quick and our driver - maybe Steve was his name - was
super nice especially since about one minute into our pick up we had the stinkiest diaper
ever occur! My kids loved the
hotel and we all look forward to our next visit !

• Stayed: August 2014
stevenJanicek, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us during your cross country travels, and with a Five year old & Two year old as companions I am sure you needed a break from the road and I am delighted you choose The Ritz Carlton Denver for that escape. Based on your comments it sounds like everyone enjoyed their stay and the scavenger hunt was a big hit as well as the service our Ladies and Gentlemen were able to deliver. I know how traveling with children can be and I am thrilled you were able to unwind and enjoy our courtesy car as well as The Denver aquarium and when your travels bring you back this way again you take in Denver’s Natural History Museum or a ballgame.

There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton, Denver

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is a great downtown 5 star hotel. Rooms are lovely. Front desk and front door staff are helpful and welcoming. We like being able to walk easily to Larimer St for the restaurants and shops. It was a short, pleasant stay. Higher floors will be more quiet away from street noise. I like the safety feature of needing a room key to go up the elevator. There was no charge for internet and we like that!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
stevenJanicek, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

I can’t thank you enough for sharing this glowing review from your recent stay with us. I’m pleased to know you found our rooms to be lovely, our ladies and gentlemen to be hospitable and our downtown location ideal. We at The Ritz-Carlton, Denver also think the room key safety feature in the elevators is a nice touch as we want our guests to feel safe and at home while with us. Thank you for choosing Ritz-Carlton! I hope your travels bring you back to Denver and would love to connect with you in person when you visit so I can welcome you ‘home’.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The service is always excellent. The property is kept clean and the rooms are spacious. Lobby doors are opened for you no matter what time you leave or return. The marble shower has great water pressure. The spa staff are well trained and made sure I was able to enjoy the amenities and relax before the service.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
stevenJanicek, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

I want to express my sincere appreciation for your kind words regarding your recent stay at The Ritz Carlton Denver. I was delighted to read your comments and hope you stay with us again when your travels bring you back to Denver.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Like other Ritz Carltons we have stayed at, this one did not disappoint. though it mightt not be the most luxurious one we have stayed at, its charming staff and location cannot be beat. Right in the heart of downtown Denver, you are just a quick walk to 16th Street Mall. We stayed Club Level for two nights. On our way to the Broadmoor (to be reviewed as well), we stopped on the front end of our trip for one night and finished our trip there. We had a one bedroom suite. Plenty of space, super comfortable bed, phenomenal bathroom, you just cannot go wrong. With club level access, you have your own personal concierge team at your beck and call. Plenty to drink and eat, we spent A LOT of time in that area. Our room, of course, had a Nespresso Espresso machine that was complimentary. Just like home! We also had unlimited supply of San Peligrino or regular bottle water, liquor, beer, wine, etc. The club level staff are super friendly (almost a little too friendly at times as they are constantly talking to you) but that was charming in a way. Reminded me of staying at a bed and breakfast a little. The Ritz had a scavenger hunt for our 7 year old daughter and gave her a stuffed bear for completing it.

The on site restaurant is John Elways. The food was REALLY good. We did not use the pool or gym facilities so I cannot comment on them.

You will not be disappointed if you choose to book this hotel! Give them a chance to wow you as they did us. Cheers.

Room Tip: If you want to afford it...stay club level...at least a one bedroom suite. you will have a corner r...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
stevenJanicek, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

I sincerely appreciate you sharing this positive review from your recent stay here at The Ritz-Carlton, Denver. I am pleased you found our central location to be wonderful and enjoyed your time on Club Level, in ELWAY’S as well as the guest room and its amenities like the Nespresso maker and comfortable beds. I am very glad to know our staff was friendly and even engaged your daughter with the scavenger hunt; I hope she had a fun visit and is enjoying the stuffed animal back home.
I hope to welcome you and your family back again next time you are in the Mile High City.

Thank you for choosing Ritz-Carlton!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We usually stay at the Ritz when we travel to Denver for a game at Coors Field. For us, it's always been superb. Simply the best. Large, spacious, quiet, impeccably prepared rooms. Love the Nespresso machine. Great service. They are happy to drive you around town, even to the stadium, in the hotel car. Simply the Ritz. Simply the best.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
stevenJanicek, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback regarding your recent stay at The Ritz Carlton Denver. I was delighted to see you have stayed with us in the past and our service and facilities have resulted in your return visits and I want to say the ladies and gentlemen of The Ritz Carlton Denver are very thankful for your support. Hopefully you will be back again this year as we still have another 45 days of baseball season and The Bronco season starts in less than a month and we would be pleased to get you to and from the game and make sure you get back to the hotel in time to enjoy the finest steak at Elway’s or relax with a post-game spa treatment.

Thanks again

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Arrived late in the evening with my family and was greeted by all hotel staff I came in contact with. I traveled all day with my kids and arriving to a very comfortable room and smiling faces lifted our spirits. Great stay, very hospitable for me and my family!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
stevenJanicek, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at The Ritz Carlton Denver. I am delighted you and your family enjoyed your visit to Denver and do hope you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to our Mile High City.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Ranks low among other Ritz properties. Still a very nice hotel, but call it a four star hotel with a five star name. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Hotel lacks any real vibe, probably because downtown is dead on weekends. Service is typical, gracious Ritz style. Lack of pool access beyond 6 on Sundays is weak spot. My main issue with this location is that greed permeates the stay. They charge for wifi, for instance. Hello? Most all $400 hotels now include wifi. How about popping into the business center to use the computer for a minute? That will be $6 for 15 minutes, please. Park the car? $38. That price is just downright abusive, "let's see how much we can push this" pricing. It is not like this is Chicago and there are no available spots. I a sure the ritz staff will comment about how this approach to one-off pricing is better than just charging all, including non-users, for these services. Believe what you want. I say it is nonsense and this is just a perfect example of a greedy property owner. Stay elsewhere. There are alternative luxury properties in town. And note that the location is nothing special. 16th Street Mall is a joke BTW

Room Tip: Choose one in a competing hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Biz&LeisureTtraveler
stevenJanicek, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay here at The Ritz-Carlton, Denver. I truly appreciate your feedback as we can only improve when we are made aware of how our guests are feeling. I’m pleased you’re found our service to be gracious; our Ladies and Gentlemen are committed to providing the very best guest experience possible. I apologize our partner fitness center doesn’t offer extended pool hours on weekends and I assure you I will further investigate as to why. In regards parking prices, we try our absolute best to be on par with other downtown hotels in this very competitive market. I can also understand your thoughts on Wi-Fi and charging for it as some hotels include it in their room rates; some of our overnight packages and all of our Club Level room reservations include complimentary Wi-Fi access. If you ever find yourself in the area again, I’d personally be happy to arrange your next visit.