“Good value for money”

Cuisines: Thai
Neighbourhood: City Park
Neighbourhood: City Park
Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

Stopped here while driving from Frisco, CO to Dallas, TX for lunch.

Everyone was apprehensive about the value of detour from the main route and getting into downtown Denver.

However glad to say that the food was good and value for money. Costed just $40 for 5 adults.

Had Tom Yum soup, veg spring rolls, pad thai, and thai curry.

Decent choice for vegetarians as well.

There are newer reviews for Chada Thai

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Chada Thai was recommended to us and we thought it was an excellent choice. The space inside is small, but very pleasant. The menu had some choices beyond those usually found at Thai restaurants. My husband is a strict vegan and the friendly and helpful server was very knowledgeable about ingredients in various dishes. Everything we had was delicious--well seasoned and just the amount of "hotness" that we ordered. Prices were very reasonable. A good choice in the uptown area of town!

Reviewed 25 September 2012

I am a foodie. I eat and cook just about all types of food. I have been to a lot of Thai establishments in many different states and cities. This was my second visit and this place is below average. When we approached the establishment and looked at the menu, the waiter/owner acted like he did not care if we ate there or not. You wanta eat fine, if not, eh! I like my Thai food blistering hot. When I ordered the squid dish, I specifically asked for it to be as hot as they could make it. I asked for it to be screaming hot. It was medium at best. I asked for chili sauce or paste so that I could spice it up, and got sriracha sauce in a bottle. Most Thai restaurants will bring out a 3 bowl grouping of hot Chile peppers, Thai spices and Chile paste. Chada did not. Stir fry dishes are known and admired for crisp veggies. The carrots that were in my stir fry dish were either frozen or precooked. When you bit into them they squished like a potato. The flavor of the two dishes was good. We were not even offered brown rice. I will not be back.

1  Thank bfrankie
Reviewed 22 September 2012

If you are looking for some old school recipe's passed down from the owner's Great Grandmother...that's exactly what Chada Thai has. Not the overly-creamy americanized Thai, this is the goods.

The menu is simple but everything I have tried on there is very tasty. The sauces are the perfect blend of spices, but be careful of ordering extra hot because this is authentic Thai food...The chef will make sure she scorches your taste buds. She'll come out to visit all the tables, and she is very accommodating. Atmosphere is relaxing and the patio dining is great.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

So we got unloaded in Denver and wanted some MORE Thai food - we go on these jags when we travel sometimes - and Chada Thai wasn't too far from the hotel. The few reviews got us there and the experience will have us going back next time we're in the Mile High city.

Tod Mun appetizer was okay - a new dish to us and maybe a little off from what we were expecting - but there was ZERO disappointment when the main courses arrived!

Phad Pleek King was green beans, chicken and a curry paste with a few extras - had never heard of that before but it was excellent! The plate of pad Thai was most righteous as well - I always measure calibre of the dish by quality of the noodles and these were done just right.

Portions were just right for having an appetizer and leaving a little room for dessert - sweet sticky rice was great and the jasmine infused flan was an extremely fine surprise!

We sat outside in front of the restaurant - one of several restaurants/pubs that called a single block-long building home. Somewhat eclectic neighborhood and the outside lighting (table lamps stuck atop high fence posts) just added to the pleasant funkiness. Was fun as well to watch the goings-on at Italian joint next door - just a great laid-back dinner and left pleasantly replete as one can get.

Service was excellent too - our waitress never got in any big rush with us and had a little time to banter also. Learned from her that restaurant owner had opened first Thai place in Denver back in 1970's and only a couple of years from retirement. Let's hope the family keeps up the tradition of excellent food!