“Charming place!”

Ranked #410 of 3,103 Restaurants in Denver
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Highland
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Great little sandwiches, very authentic. Wonderful tea selection. Love the lady who runs the place. One of my favorite spots for lunch!

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

The food was delightful and the service was impeccable. I made a Boxing Day reservation for my husband and me rather last minute and the staff was very responsive via Facebook.

The atmosphere is charming and it would make a lovely place for a party or shower, or just a girl's day out. It was a pleasant surprise that it was significantly less expensive than the Brown Palace.

They have decidedly won my business and I'll return the next time I'm in town.

1  Thank sjsimon01
Reviewed 3 May 2013

This is a great place to meet up with a girlfriend and have tea. Good cookies and little finger sandwiches. Take something home, too.

1  Thank KendraP05
Reviewed 12 March 2013

This small restaurant is my favorite in the United States. I've been there several times and will continue to visit when I'm in Denver. The staff is friendly, the scones and ice tea are excellent, and I highly recommend their sandwiches. Parking can be an issue, but it's worth a few laps around the block or a short walk up the street.

1  Thank Susan W
Reviewed 14 January 2013

While the place seemed charming from the outside, the inside did not not live up to the hype. The paint peeled in several places. We reserved a table in advance, and was promptly seated upon our arrival. They placed reserved with Scrabble pieces. I found that to be a rather novel idea. The tea served was 'average'. You have the opportunity to smell your chosen tea prior to their service. For some reason, the tea tasted remarkably like the bagged teas you could purchase at the local grocers. The water was tepid, and it took several reminders for the staff to bring hot water for our table that was...well, hot. By the time I received my tea and hot water, I had almost finished my meal. Also, the china and silverware weren't clean. Maybe my standard for cleanliness was too high. I understand that tea stains can often be witnessed in white cups and plates; however, it was more than that. Upon downing my cup of Jasmine pearl, I tasted a 'fish' and dish soap after taste. Alas, the tea failed to mask it. The first set of cucumber sandwiches was served on dry bread; the second set was considerably better, edible, and possibly delicious. The afternoon tea comes with a small biscuit and scone (when I say small, I do mean the size of a half dollar). The presentation of the afternoon tea was spectacularly English--paper doilies in the middle of each place. Although, they lacked crumpets. Desserts placed at top tier tasted lovely. They allotted generous clotted cream, jam, etc. You have more than a dollop. Also, parking could possibly a hassle especially if the front of the tea house was jammed with cars (street parking) and if you failed to bring quarters with you. While it was nothing spectacular for a tea house, it was acceptable enough. It's a rustic, and local niche to meet for brunch or lunch with your girlfriends. It is definitely a stark contrast to the chains of restaurants in the food service industry. The food is light, and refreshing to the palate. They did give us a ten percent discount for the delayed tea service. Our server realized her mistake, and owned up to it. Perhaps I just came to the place at a bad time? The place was possibly understaffed. I'm not certain but one of the servers wore a distracting black miniskirt and tights. (Even chav's won't allow it, especially for a spot of tea.) Tea lovers and connoisseurs take note, it was unfortunately and palpably nothing special...at least, that's what I've gathered from this experience.

1  Thank missleena