“Sashimi”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

I wouldn't know if the food is good here. We tried to order sushi to go since we stayed at comfort suites which is right next to the restaurant. My husband did not feel well but I was craving sushi. Woman who took our order did not know the difference between nigiri sushi vs sashimi. I ordered a few rolls and yellowtail sushi but she kept ordering sashimi. I explained the difference for 15 min and someone else from restaurant came over to help but he was just as clueless! We left and said forget it- not worth our time. Wondering how else they handle other people's order.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Nozawa is a great place for sushi and teppanyaki alike! They have three main seating areas that include a traditional restaurant style table and chairs and a shushi bar, a teppanyaki area (with I believe 3 grills) and a bar area. When ordering sushi in the traditional area, the service is always prompt and professional. In the teppanyaki section, the food is delicious and the cooks are QUITE entertaining. At the bar, the drinks are reasonably priced and well made!

If you go during the early ski season (OCT-NOV timeframe), you will find that much of the menu can be purchased at a 50% discount... Not a bad deal when everything else in town is over-inflated!

GO HERE! You WON'T be disappointed!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

The first time we visited here, it was great! the guy who was our server was very attentive and friendly. The sushi was half priced, so the value was great for the quality. We both had the lunch bento box special which was great value and delicious. Needless to say, we were excited to go back!

Then we had our second visit. This time we had a terrible server, she was extremely rude and barely ever came to our table an ignored us when we tried asking questions. We ordered the same things, but the sushi was full price. The sushi rolls were very small and not worth the full price at all. The bento boxes were good, except my beef appeared to not be cooked at all when it first came out. It was completely red and cold to the touch. After trying to get our server's attention for a few minutes, I just asked a different server if she could help us. She took my order back to the kitchen and brought out a completely new order, which was much appreciated. At the end of our meal, our server came back and grabbed the check off the table and asked if we were done yet, then just walked away without another word. We will not be back anytime soon.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We love travelling and eating in Japan, so we thought we'd try the teppanyaki in Colorado. To be honest, we prefer the Japanese style of ordering small portions of different teppanyaki - even ordering the entree size here was too much. Having said that, the food was very tasty and beautifully cooked in front of us on the teppan, with dramatic flair. It was the most enjoyable meal we had during our visit to Colorado and since we only ordered entrees, the cost was reasonable.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

When we were there in November, all sushi rolls were 50% off. We ordered several rolls are loved them all. They have flavored sake which was a nice change from the norm. All in all I would totally return to this sushi bar!