“Very good (but not as great at is used to be)”

Nozawa Sushi & Teppanyaki
Ranked #20 of 35 Restaurants in Dillon
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The last time I came here to eat was probably July of 2011. I would say, generally speaking, that the restaurant looks a bit more run-down compared to just three years ago. There is outdoor seating, which is great, but it’s lost a lot of its “charm” (not sure if that is the word that I am looking for, it’s just that all their furniture and other items look really worn or not-cared-for). Also, they used to have fresh flowers on all the tables (back in 2009 they did) and it’s not the case anymore. I am not sure if this is under new management, but they seem to have lost that “love” factor. I can’t explain it. The food wasn’t bad and the portions were actually pretty good. We lucked out and arrived during a ½ off promotional day – otherwise we would have paid over $120 for three adults and two kids (ages 3 and 5). Our waitress was really nice and very prompt. I had a good meal and a good experience, but it’s just not what it used to be.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

For a Japanese steakhouse effect in the Rockies it's not bad. But it lacks the class you might find in bigger cities. Maybe it's because this is the only place like this in the area. But decent food, funny cooks, fire... On the downside waitress spilled drink on one of us, apology give but kind of ruins your dinner when soaked with your child's soda for the remainder... Maybe offer a free drink... Just a thought...rice was not cooked properly, instead of taking your name at the door the host screams 4 people... And my water was empty for most of my meal.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Sushi was excellent. We went when most sushi was half priced. During this time it is a GREAT value, otherwise it was a bit price. The sushi was VERY good. Highly recommend this place (when/if sushi is half price!)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was my third visit here. I went there for my birthday yesterday and we sat in the section where they cook your food for you. Sam was our chef and he was soooo awesome! There were 7 of us and we ordered sushi along with the food they cook right there. AMAZING SUSHI! Not to mention we kept going to the bar and our bartender was Diego. I've been here before back in Oct and he was our bartender then too. He is very friendly and outgoing!
I highly recommend this place. I've been here for 50% off the menu and ful price. Never disappoints. Try and get Sam to be your chef and Diego to serve you drinks!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We visited during shoulder season when they were running a 50% off sale. We had three of their sushi rolls and were very pleased with the presentation, the taste and the value. If we had been paying regular prices, it would have been pricier than we would have liked and probably would not have eaten there. Happy to have visited when we did.