“Lunch at McGinty's” 4 of 5 bubbles

McGinty's Wood Oven Pub
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Divide
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Grand Junction, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lunch at McGinty's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

The service was great and the food was very good. Nice atmosphere especially with the wood burning oven going and the restaurant was very clean.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Carolyn J

Italy
“Mixed feelings...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

After reading the Tripadvisor reviews, decided on this place, but was greatly disappointed by the food. I had a meat dish, cannot remember which now, that was supposed to have a type of fruit chutney or sauce on it. It was so salty that I could not eat it, and told the waitress so. She was extremely kind, did not question my opinion, and promptly suggested something else. I chose the soup, which was wonderful. The waitress came back telling us the cook had made a mistake iwth the recipe, adding salt instead of sugar, which can happen. My husband's dish was nothing special, so basically the food was not memorable, however, the service was good.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bearit
Neosho, Missouri
“The Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

My wife and I along with my mother-in-law ate here one evening while vacationing in the mountains. We ran across it by accident as we were looking for my wife's mother. The resturant was very comfortable and all of the staff that we encountered were extremely nice and friendly. The food was very delicious and satisfying and priced fairly. Great atmosphere with plenty of room to move about without feeling "packed" into an area. It was so good that we went back two days later for our final meal before we left for home after our vacation. We found a new place to eat on our annual Colorado vacation!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Rich D
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“TERRIBLE service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Our waitress mentioned she worked there for 2.5 years, but couldn't tell my wife about a couple of menu items. Her answer to both questions was, "I've never tried that." My wife wanted Beer Cheese soup, but they were out. Fortunately she liked the chicken sandwich as a 2nd option. My turkey sandwich was fine. I decided to order a beer, and the waitress didn't know what I was ordering and said she'd go find out. Out comes someone else (the bartender?), who plunks down two glasses and a 25 oz. beer. Our surprise/shock, elicited no response. Wouldn't a decent staffer explain before bringing out a beer as such, that it was really two beers?
My wife then wanted some bread pudding for dessert, but they were out of that too.
When we got the bill and complained that the gargantuan beer was $16(!), she could only say sorry and that we could close the fancy lid and take it with us. Having only drank 1/2, we did. But I should've asked for the manager, but at that point I just wanted to get out of there.
A major disappointment after having driven skipped a reliable restaurant in Woodland Park to try a highly rated restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Fountain, Colorado
“Great Friday night fish fry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

So busy!!! But an experience of excellence! Had the humungous fried fish dinner--was to die for. Soup is included, cole slaw, french fries. Great pub atmosphere(upscale casual). Enjoyed it with a glass of wine. It doesn't get better than this after a day of gambling in Cripple Creek. Son had an excellent pizza--multiple choices with generous portions. We enjoyed watching the early season snowfall. Staff very congenial and attentive.

• Visited September 2013