McGinty's Wood Oven Pub
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 April 2014

McGinty's is a delightful surprise for a first time diner. Divide, CO is a small town in a beautiful setting and McGinty's is a beautiful, wonderful restaurant. The menu is diverse and everything is excellent. The atmosphere is lovely and service is great. We live close and enjoy meals frequently - it never gets old!

1  Thank linda t

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I almost never order appetizers but I gotta tell you the battered fried green beans were about the best thing I've ever eaten. Super crunchy on the outside and a bit sweet inside. I don't know what they cost but I'd pay the tariff to have them again. My daughter had a thin-crust pizza with thin-sliced potatoes & bacon & it was very good. I mean, what's an Irish pub without potato/bacon pizza. I had a Ruben & it was OK but wish I had tried something else. No hamburgers.

We had a great experience with the lady who took our order. She knew the menu and was a fountain of info about local things. She was blond and very jolly.

Check out the Venture Grocery Store next-door. They had a real deli where they were making their own mac & potato salads & sliced lunch meat for you if needed. They had fresh meat & their own butchers. Their prices were excellent. $5.99 for hard salami, $1.69 for a large loaf of French bread. It was fresh & high quality.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

The atmosphere is a wonderful traditional Irish Pub style. The beers on tap are excellent, and there is a nice area to sit in front of a fire while you wait to be seated for dinner. All the food is good, but our favorite is the fish, and it comes in two sizes. Most people find the less expensive smaller size more than enough! The pizza, the prime rib and the Irish cheese fondue are all really good. It is the best restaurant in Teller County, with the exception of the Swiss Chalet in Woodland Park that is quite a bit more expensive. Great place to stop after a busy day of hiking or skiing in the mountains.

1  Thank C H
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Our entire family stopped in for lunch. Had previously been here and wanted them to experience this great place. Eight different orders and no one was disappointed. When in the area I'll be sure to make McGintys a priority.

2  Thank Rosalyn D
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The service was great and the food was very good. Nice atmosphere especially with the wood burning oven going and the restaurant was very clean.

1  Thank Carolyn J