“RV by the river”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dolores
Dolores River Campground and Cabins
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The reservation process could have been a tad better but worked after a little phone tag. When we arrived it was a different story. We were greeted by the owner and led to our wonderful, spot right on a private lake next to the river. They even carved a totem pole out of a dead tree! The spots were spacious with many huge trees and lots of grass. The showers and restrooms were clean but the showers were small. The WiFi was completely down the first night and brutally slow the second night but I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank benfishing
IloveDolores, Owner at Dolores River Campground and Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2015

Dear Benfishing,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Dolores River Campground. We really appreciate your feedback. Our apologies for the phone-tag reservation process. We are currently working on an online booking system and plan to have it up & running before the 2015 season. Thanks for that feedback! Additionally, we're scheduled to have our wireless network revamped this spring.
We're glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and your site! We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Billy and Lainey

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed here for a long weekend and rented a sleeper cabin and tent site right on the river.It is so beautiful, the cabin is adorable and has a very comfy Queen size bed and bunk beds, a small table and two chairs and plenty of shelving for storage. The entire camp ground is immaculate, everything is new and clean, I was most impressed in the rest room where I got a very hot shower, that's not easy to find in a camp ground.I would recommend staying here as it is great for families or couples getaway. The owners are super friendly and accommodating, as well as the other visitors. and this place with the river has relaxed me completely.Close to town for grocery needs/wine etc. If you have children bring a port-a-potty, the walk to the restroom at night is a distance and the port-john on the tent end can get pretty busy.

Room Tip: Sleeper cabins are the best option to a tent. Very reasonably price. great decks and fantastic view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jdsedona
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had stayed here last year and decided to try it again last weekend. The owners had just bought the place last year and were very friendly. This year, the job of operating a park have taken there toll. They were nice but not nearly as friendly as last year. The park was clean and well maintained. I cant say anything bad about staying here. We will be back again next year. This park is very pet friendly.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank pkgaz
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here in the camper cabins 2 times. We will make dolores river rv park our home base on next trip to sw colorado. Location is perfect for day trips to mesa verde, durango,ouray,rico, telluride. Very quiet. River cabin and magpie cabin our the best. I cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed here for a week and rented a sleeper cabin right on the river. I love it here, it is so beautiful, the cabin is adorable and has a very comfy full size bed and bunk beds, a small table and two chairs and plenty of shelving for storage. The cabin was warm, we got here at the beginning of the season, so we even got snowed on, the cabin has electricity and a space heater warms the place up for hours. The entire camp ground is immaculate, everything is new and clean, I was most impressed in the rest room where I got a very hot shower, that's not easy to find in a camp ground.I would recommend staying here over any other place in Dolores. The owners are super friendly and accommodating, as well as the other visitors. I came from a busy city scene, and this place with the river has relaxed me completely. Love it here.

Room Tip: We stayed in the river cabin..the best cabin here, get it if you can.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rachel F
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Good park with decent size pull thrus we have stayed here last three summers on a way to Ouray. Lots of trees, clean office, shower areas. Great dog walk area. They have a small fishing pond. We stayed in a pull thru in Motorhome but they do rent small cabins

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Donna M
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stayed here for three days while on vacation in the River Cabin located right on the Dolores River. The owners are super friendly and the park is clean with lots of "regulars" who are just as friendly. The cabin I stayed in was very rustic but does have electricity and does have wifi access. Unfortunately the time I was staying here, Colorado was getting dumped on by that horrible rain in early Sept 2013 so it made it difficult to cook out on the picnic table and have a camp fire. Luckily I brought lots of good reading material and had to keep myself amused while it rained for most of the three days I was here........however this is really a lovely spot and would be totally amazing in sunny weather. Close to town and many local attractions such as Mesa Verde (20 miles), Anazasi Heritage Museum, Canyons of the Ancients, Cortez and Durango. I will stay here again next time I pass through!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo