We spent three nights in late May at this resort. It is in a gorgeous, remote setting with very nice hot springs soaking pools, beautiful hikes and lovely food. All-inclusive, so you don't need to carry a wallet or keep a bar tab, etc. Very much like a luxury cruise. only on a spectacular property in the Rockies.
There are some very well-trained and not-so-well-trained young people who act as waiters and bartenders. The bar service was spotty at best, but the table service was very good. In general, everyone bent over backward to please.
Meals tend to be group events at a long table in the DR and the menu is fixed and at set times. You can eat privately if you wish but you need to arrange that (it's easy). That said, the group meals were entertaining and fun and the food delicious and of a very high quality.
We hope to return someday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering luxurious and private cabin rentals in Southwest Colorado. Our cabins are in the San Juan Mountains. We offer an all-inclusive vacation. Enjoy our full service spa, fine dining, lodging, and activities. Book the entire town for your corporate retreat or wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and MrandMrsSmith so you can book your Dunton Hot Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunton Hot Springs Dolores
- Dunton Hot Springs Hotel Dolores