“Average for this area”

Cuisines: American
Dallas, Texas
“Average for this area”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Was hoping to find a good breakfast, if I want average I can go to Denny's and eat cheaper. Disappointed again over cooked eggs and bacon and coffee not so good. It sits off the main road and if you miss it consider yourself lucky...

Visited March 2013
2 Thank mustang41

Arlington, Texas
“Old, historic, and amazing German food.”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I love old historic places, and this place was built in 1893. The atmosphere is casual and friendly, and it's almost as if you're walking into an old friend's house to eater dinner. Half of the downstairs is a lobby for the "hotel" which is actually a bed and breakfast. The other half of the downstairs is the restaurant. You know it's a good sign when the chef preparing the food has her own book published, called "Taste of Old Germany". Well, the food did not disappoint. The Schnitzel was awesome and I could live the rest of my life off the German potato by itself. Affordable prices too! Added bonus that they also had a good selection of craft brew from the local Ska Brewery.

• Visited February 2013
San Diego, California
“German night”
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Go on Saturday night for German night. We searched Western Colorado for five months trying to find a German Restaurant. This restaurant is only German on Saturday night. But it's worth waiting for. Rita, their German Chef, is a treasure. My husband had the Jaeger schnitzel and I had the sausages. Then we switched. Each dish was wonderful! My husband had the soup which was very good and I had the salad which was good, but not unusual. Since we both ordered German Potato salad as our side dish, we also split an order of German noodles. The noodles were good enough to be desert! But save room for the chocolate cake or apple strudel. This is worth the drive from Cortez or Mesa Verde. In fact, it's a pretty drive, the San Juan Skyway.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Art-Roxanne
Tijeras, New Mexico
“Really Nice small restaurant with good German food”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Went there last weekend for lunch with friends. Three of us had Reubens and one had schnitzel and it was all very fresh and tasty. Good side salads with your choice of dressings and home fried potatoes, so very German. Nice staff and good cook, a great combination.

• Visited August 2012
Carbondale, Illinois
“German food”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We stopped at the Rio Grande restaurant while in the Mesa Verde area because of the advice of a young man working in a bicycle shop in Cortez, CO. The historic restaurant was a wonderful surprise to us. The cook turned out to be an authentic German cook. The German food was amazingly tasteful! It was the best food we ate when we were in that area for 4 days. My husband had some kind of pork and German fried potatoes. I had spaetzle with the veal/port brat. Would suggest you go there!!

• Visited August 2012