“Nice little place for a country-style meal”
Review of The Naked Moose - CLOSED

The Naked Moose
Cuisines: American
Dolores, Colorado
“Nice little place for a country-style meal”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

When I was a kid we used to eat at the (old) Naked Moose when we were in Dolores. Much to my disliking, it closed several years ago and only recently re-opened under (partially) new management. Since they have re-opened, the menu has grown, and in the 2-3 times we have eaten there it has gotten better and better. They now have an impressive menu (especially breakfast), as well as a full bar on the side of the building. Service is always an A+ as they are friendly, personable, and quick! If you are in the mood for a nice family-style meal in a quaint, small town setting, swing into the Naked Moose!

• Visited February 2014

Mancos, Colorado
“Thumbs up for the Naked Moose!”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I have eaten at the Naked Moose 4 times since it opened up again and have been pleased every time. The staff is friendly, the service is quick, and the food is excellent with large portions. The salad bar although small is always fresh and the dried Cranberries are a nice touch! There is also a nice bar attached which allows you to have a drink before dinner if you want. The place is small but so is Dolores, CO so I believe the size of the establishment is appropriate. Lots of good comfort food items on the menu and I have never left hungry!

• Visited January 2014
Omaha NE
“Badly dated”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The building is in need of work and menu does too. It smelled of mold and the staff just didnt care. Drive to cortez and take your chances there.Food was cold and protiens where very small in size for the price

• Visited October 2013
Durango, Colorado
“Sysco Truck Food”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I had a "Dancing Moose" sandwich that was turkey, bacon, swiss, avocado, sprouts on a croissant. The croissant was cold and hard, the bacon was cold and hard (not even reheated), the turkey was in a giant lump in the middle, and when I asked for mayo I was handed a dirty squeeze bottle from the fridge. The salad bar is kind good, but it is like a cafeteria. My boyfriend got the chicken-fried steak. The steak was overly breaded and greasy, and the gravy had cubes of "mystery meat" in it - they had to had been some sort of processed meat-food because they were perfect cubes all the same size - it was enough to turn my stomach. I won't eat here again.

Visited September 2013
dallas texas
“We went here with fear & trepidation due to ratings, but......”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

...it turned out be just fine.

The waitress was pleasant, sweet and friendly.

The salad bar was really small, but they had dried cranberries, and with the sunflower seeds, the salad was EXCELLENT. Use the dried cranberries on your salad!

I got the Moose's Breath burger. It had garlic on it, and they used toasted thin-sliced French bread. I didn't want to use the mustard or Ketchup---it simply needed something special. So I got some ranch dressing from the salad bar and put on it. Voila!! It was perfect.

My husband got baby back ribs--excellent.

And the bread was to die for!!!!! A+ on that.

Finally, loved the GREEN paper napkins. Nice touch!!

Recommendations to restaurant owners: put a much larger waste basket in the women's restaurant. That tiny one was ridiculous. And this may be me, but I can't stand those typical hard-candy brown and green mints. Why not up the notch of uniqueness and fun and give folks those soft little rectangular, chocolate-covered, green foil covered, mints? :) And finally...plus just my idea, but why not have a large homemade chocolate chip cookie on the menu of desserts? :) :)

• Visited September 2013