“Very relaxing stay.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Drake
Johnstown, Colorado
“Very relaxing stay.”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

You would think that finding a place you can take your pet with you on vacation would be easy in a pet friendly state like Colorado, but not so much. Of all the places between Loveland and Estes Park, 2 Eagles Resort was the only pet friendly one. And I'm so happy we found it because it is definitely a place we plan on returning to again.

Colin and Linda were kind and gracious hosts. We stayed in the Bird Room and it definitely fit all our needs. My only complaint would be that the beds were uncomfortable, but honestly, it felt like camping. The room was rustic and charming and clean. The river was close and I really appreciated all the benches and chairs for sitting and relaxing while my husband fished. On Friday night there was a fire in the community firepit along side the river where we were able to roast marshmallows and make smores.

If you are looking for a good value for a clean place to sleep along the Big Thompson, that is accomodating of your furry members of the family, this is a great place. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kim H
croc1113, Owner at Stoney River Lodge, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Kim,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Next time you come maybe you can check out the BEAR unit. After the flood we redid 5 of the units and the BEAR is one of them. Large, with laminate wood floors that help "Fido" stay cool, a fireplace for you and hubby, and brand new beds. Tell your hubby that thanks to the flood it's actually easier to access the river now...down by the fire pit. The island is gone but the river is a little shallower then it used to be. Again, thanks. Good responses to all our hard work help us to stay motivated.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Rocheport, Missouri
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Owners were friendly. We are a quiet family and tend to keep to ourselves, so we didn't have a lot of interaction. We stayed in the Big Horn cabin. We have two teenage boys and they definitely don't want to share a bed. This cabin has two double beds in the living room, which they loved. The canyon is beautiful and we didn't mind the 20 minute drive to Estes Park. There was no "welcome packet" in the room. I guess it would have informed us that the nearest laundry is Loveland. Not that we minded going there, it just would have nice to have the information at hand. The rooms are nothing fancy, but clean. The loveseat in the living room really needs to be replaced; the cushions are thin and you can feel the bars of the support system underneath. The wifi did not work inside the cabin, so we had to sit outside or in our car to get reception. Overall, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandy4242
croc1113, Owner at Stoney River Lodge, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment Sandy. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Sorry about the welcome packets. I took out the old hand made ones and completely forgot to get the new ones made. Thanks for the reminder. We too, think the canyon is beautiful and its one of the reasons we chose not buy in Estes Park. Here we can enjoy a little peace and quiet. We bought this resort in Aug of 2011 because we knew we could make it great again...and we are working toward that goal. Hope to see you back again...and maybe by then we'll have that loveseat replaced. Cheers!
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We would like to thank the good folks at 2 Eagles Resort for their hospitality.
While preparing for and then enjoying our daughter's wedding in Loveland our family's "home base" was 2 Eagles for over a week. We even had a large group in for a picnic lunch with time to enjoy the beautiful setting of 2 Eagles. The resort is on a lovely piece of property, the owners are very accommodating and friendly, the cabin we chose was clean and had everything we could possibly need. I especially appreciate the lovely fireplace out by the river and the comfy bed. We were very pleased with our choice. THANK YOU LINDA AND COLLIN

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

croc1113, Owner at Stoney River Lodge, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you Becky. I'm glad that you found 2 Eagles to your liking. You sure were one busy mom while you were here (Dad was a wee bit busy himself)...well its over now and you can look forward to grandkids down the road...hopefully.
We're glad you made it home safely and assume everyone else did too. All the best!
Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My friend and I decided to take a last minute trip to Estes Park for the weekend. I searched and searched for a place to stay and the only vacant room I could find was 2 Eagles Resort, 13 miles outside of Estes. We arrived around 4 o'clock and went to the office where you normally check in and there was no one to be found. Finally Linda came out from a seperate room and checked us in. She gave us our key and that was it, didn't care to give us any written instructions. Our room was fine, nothing special. The website suggests that there is free wifi and we thought the code would be listed in the room. Nope, nothing. We had to go find Linda again and get the code from her. This was not convenient for us. We checked out the next morning around 9:30. Once again we could not find Linda in the office. She was across the way in another room she waved for us to walk over to her which we thought was a little rude. We said we were checking out and we wanted to know where we should leave our key. She then asks us, "Did you break anything?" My friend and I were taken back by that question. Then she asked us if we cleaned up our dishes and took out our trash. This is incredibly rude that you ask your guests to take out their own garbage. I paid money for this room and you are making me clean it? As we were taking out our garbage Linda came over and asked us where we were from. My friend said Broomfield and I said Aurora. Linda then went on about how she would not want to live in Aurora, that it is a scary place. I realize Aurora has a stereotype but it has been my home for 18 years now and she offended me by saying this. In conclusion we will never return to 2 Eagles Resort due to the service Linda provided. She offended both of us by asking us to clean our own room. Offcourse we didn't break anything and we are not ones to trash the place. Linda, I suggest to you that if you want YOUR GUESTS to clean up the room THEY PAID FOR you leave written instructions in the room. I also suggest you watch what you say because you did offend me about my city. We will not be returing to 2 Eagles Resort nor will we recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Here's a tip...Save your money and go somewhere better!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Kayla H
croc1113, Owner at Stoney River Lodge, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
I remember you and your friend and I am truly sorry that I offended you. I can't apologize for being busy, it is just my husband and me running this place and sometimes we have to clean a lot of units in a short time. As for doing your dishes and taking out the trash...that's a policy on our website. It's also in the welcome package (which I see your room was missing). The comment about Aurora was very specific. I had stayed one night in a strange town near the airport and ended up in what must have been the bad side of town while looking for fast food. I know nothing else about the city and certainly meant no offense. I'm from Cleveland Ohio so I get why the comment upset you...and I am sorry. I wish your stay had been more enjoyable.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We absolutely LOVED our stay at 2 Eagle’s Resort. We were there for 9 days while my daughter played in a big softball tournament in July. There were 3 other families that joined us from our team and the kids and the adults had a blast. We had everything we needed inside our room to for our long stay (full kitchen, TV, beds, etc) and being able to go outside to relax, eat, play horse shoes, volleyball (or crutch ball in our case since one kid was injured) was priceless. I can’t imagine staying at a hotel in town when such an amazing family oasis is right up the mountain. Estes is close and the getting into Loveland and Fort Collins was fine. We made some really awesome memories at 2 eagles and hope to come back next year. ALSO….LOVED the owners Linda and Collin. They are good people and straight shooters. The whole package was the best. Thanks Linda and Collin for sharing your beautiful property with us!

Room Tip: We had the bear room which was great. The Ram room is huge for a big family and the Wolf cabin is ad...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennifer T
croc1113, Owner at Stoney River Lodge, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Oh we just had to respond to this one. We so enjoyed having this bunch. Talk about "low maintenance" these guys were inviting us to their cookouts and they cleaned up outside the units every morning. Yes guests like these make this venture an adventure. Hope to see you all again.
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My husband & I are visiting my sister in Colorado Springs & booked for a week stay in 2 eagles resort. We were treated to the most wonderful stay . The new owner Linda & Collin made our stay there memorable. They are very attentive to our needs. They always stop to say hello & asked if there is something we need. The place is peaceful, pet friendly and have a homely atmosphere. We are from Queensland ,Australia & we would definitely recommend this place to our friends & family back home.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Linda R
croc1113, Owner at Stoney River Lodge, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Hi Linda and Fred and Susan and Curtis. Thank you for the kind review. We certainly enjoyed having you guys stay with us. Fred...the fox was looking for you...I think he is sad that you are gone. Sure hope you guys enjoyed the rest of your holiday here in the states...and Colin says to tell you...GO BLUES!....
North Platte, Nebraska
Reviewed 2 July 2013

My family has a blast every time we go to the mountains. This time we chose 2 Eagles, and by far was a great choice. The big apartment was spacious enough, I love that the kitchen had everything I needed. My children had a great time playing with the other kids, they still are asking me when we are heading back! . The owners we really helpful. I love the little moments during the afternoon when everybody came around the fire to burn smore's .

Room Tip: No Pool/ No fitness center.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Rosa T
croc1113, Owner at Stoney River Lodge, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
ROSA, thank you. We certainly enjoyed it too. Cole misses Niko so much. Please tell him that Cole thinks he's the greatest. I'm glad you got to feeling better and got to enjoy some time here. We wish you all the best.
Colin Linda and Cole
Also consider these accommodations in or near Drake
StoneBrook Resort
#2 of 29 in Estes Park
Discovery Lodge
Discovery Lodge
#12 of 29 in Estes Park

Been to Stoney River Lodge? Share your experiences!