“Another relaxing vacation!”
Review of FloAnn's Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Drake
FloAnn's Cottages
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This was a repeat trip for us and this time we brought my whole family out from Kansas City. We rented all three cabins for three nights we had 9 adults, 7children and a dog. It was nice to be able to spread out on FloAnn's mountain. You can't beat the size of the accommodations for the money, and mountain living is supposed to be rustic!
If you want it to feel like home, stay home. Leave the mountains to those of us who appreciate them for their rustic beauty!
Thanks again, Flo....hope you have survived the floods!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lois M
faj, Owner at FloAnn's Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

What a great thing to hear happiness. I couldn't of course be happier to have a great review like this. I really do have the great guests.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

I had an amazing and relaxing time while I was there over Memorial Day Weekend that I immediately came back and booked another cabin for the 1st weekend in August. Yes, it is rustic-it's a cabin in Colorado-not the Four Seasons. Almost all of the cabins I have been to in Colorado have a hodge podge of different everyday items seemingly picked up at flea markets and left over from other guests. However, FloAnn had lots of personal touches that I absolutely appreciated and picked up on immediately. TO me, it's about the little things-having extra blankets, cards, games, fully operational kitchen with more than enough cooking utensils/pots/pans/etc. Does it have to be brand new and fancy? NO-it has to be functional. I go to the mountains to relax, be one with nature, and get away from the noise. Yes the trek up is steep-which she clearly states on her website-although I am not sure how that would be during the winter but....I loved the fact that it was high enough that I could barely hear any road noise--- just the wind in the trees which was exactly what I was looking for. I had my 2 dogs with me and they had a phenomenal time and got along with her dogs just fine. If you are looking to get away and relax this is a great place to be....Grab your hiking boots and head up the mountain or down to the river and make sure you stop and enjoy the fresh air. THIS is COLORADO!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jennifer H
faj, Owner at FloAnn's Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Thank you, thank you for a wonderful review. You got the feel I am trying to give, in fact that is the feeling got when I first saw this place and just fell in love. You certainly have made my year.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

Pet friendly with no charge for pets....but her pets on the property are not friendly or balanced,be careful. Cabins are very rustic circa 1960.1970. Clean but strange. Bathroom has a waterheater in it and you must turn your body so your knees do not hit it. No fire alarms...they are apart and thrown on a shelve. Towels....think sand paper...just the worst. Beautiful area of the Big Thompson Canyon,close to Estes Park....but....the property grounds are in shambles,junk n crap everywhere,broken glass abounds...very scary.Owner is on site,she lives in one of the cabins...with her dogs n cats. Quiet and scenic.....but never again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank p m
faj, Owner at FloAnn's Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

I want to defend my dogs. They are not mean or deranged. It wouldn't be to bright to have bad dogs here. When a booking is made with anyone, pictures are worth a thousand words. I always encourage potential guest to know I am rustic and look at the pictures. I am not trying to hide anything. On my site there are lots of great reviews and good ones about my dogs. I apologize about your bad experience. I am so glad it doesn't happen often.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

FloAnn's is rustic, indeed, but it had everything we needed to be happy for three nights. We had 7 adults, 3 children and a dog and did just fine. The cottage is a work in progress and we could tell that there was some updating being done. The new wrap around Trex deck was lovely to have breakfast on.
As far as FloAnn goes....we loved her! She has a sassy attitude and that's what keeps mountain folk alive and thriving. We found her funny and outspoken and eager to please and although her house was right next to our cabin, she kept to herself unless we needed something....which wasn't often.
Can't wait to go back and spend a holiday!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Lois M

Thank you and I loved the pictures. I am tickled you had a great time . I am going to have to go back to cleaning myself because the people you pay to clean don't seem to see dirt. Great input and I will watch it.
Your great to do this, thanks,

Reviewed 6 April 2012

We chose this property as we picked up a buy one night get one night free deal and the reviews we came across were not all bad. We decided not to stay on the second night as it was terrible.

The location of the property is fair and in close proximity to the attractions of Estes Park. We used cabin #2 and we were a party of 4 adults and 1 toddler (2 years old).

When we arrived at the cottage it was unclean and unsafe for children, There is an elevated door on the east side of the cabin that is missing a deck or platform on the other side of it, the drop is about 10 feet so that would be enough to cause serious damage to an adult let alone a toddler. The door has a push in lock on the inside which is unlocked as you turn the handle, therefore effectively a useless lock in the eyes of a 2 yr old.

The cabin was VERY dated and there were numerous dirty areas of the cabin including spider webs, old candy behind the beds, dirty towels and unclean cutlery. 3 light bulbs were also out so I had to request these from the owner. We had read reviews about her erratic and rude behaviour and unfortunately we experienced the same thing.

I went to her house in the morning after our first night to tell her we were leaving but she did not answer the door despite blatantly being in as I could hear her talking to her dogs. I called later to let her know where we left the key and to tell her that we did not enjoy our experience and she in effect suggested we were the ones with the problem.

This is the first time I have written a review and reviews can be taken with a pinch of salt but by foregoing our second night which was fully paid for, I would say our actions speak louder than any of our words.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Richard8233388
TJmanspeaker, Owner at FloAnn's Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

I have had a very difficult time responding to this review. I've asked for help from TripAdvisor and gotten no answer. So I am doing it this way. I have been very honest and apologized for falling short of being a great host, and I am truly taking this seriously. This is my life, I just fell off the wagon for a couple of years hoping no one would notice. Not true. The truth about this review is that there is only one thing that was true, the cobwebs. This time of year they collect fast, and I fell short. I apologize for that. EVERYTHING else is a TOTAL lie, and I just do not understand why. I guess my hope would be that if my guest are so unhappy, just talk to me.

Reviewed 10 August 2011

I stayed at one of Floann's cabins with my family the end of july. The cabin was just fine and it was situated up a steep gravel road, you could need a 4 x 4 to get up, we had a subaru so no problems. The cabin had great scenery but the one issue is it had mice in the cabin. We found mouse poop on the pull out bed which was disgusting and didnt use it. Luckily my brother brought a blow up mattress so we used that. Here are the pros and cons:

Pros: nice scenery, full kitchen, nice deck, away from the crowd by the roaring thompson river, allows dogs

Cons: Mice!!!!! mouse poop in the house and my mom had a mouse in her stuff which she came upon right when checking out or we would have probably asked for a refund had it happen earlier, sketchy road to get to the cabin and sketchy turn off the road to get to the cabin and the owner of the cabin wasnt very personable

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
TJmanspeaker, Owner at FloAnn's Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2012

I need to address the mice issue. I live on the side of a mountain and I am not surprised to have mice. I have trap undertone furniture to catch the daring mice and have no problem keeping them under control. I so apologize for missing one. I would have been more than happy to change the bedding and clean up the mice trails. Mice are even in the city. It is an issue that would be hard to wipe out, as in flies, mosquitoes etc.
Then next issue would be my attitude. I apologize to every one about my attitude. I admit to the problem and have no excuse to put my bad attitude onto anyone else and I make no excuses for it. I just promise to not have a bad attitude anymore. I am just asking for leanance on keeping up with the vermits. It is a never ending issue.

Reviewed 13 September 2010

FloAnn's is charming and rustic, similar to a lake cabin. The cabins are situated in the mountains next to the Big Thompson River with wonderful views. In addition, it is pet-friendly, which was important to us. FloAnn even baked us cookies during our stay! We would definitely stay here again. If you want daily maid service and "perfect" everything, this place is not for you. Go stay at the Wyndam Resort in Estes Park and leave the charming places to those who appreciate it. Of note, the driveway to the cottages is gravel and rather steep. 4WD is best, although FWD should manage fine.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TLG056

You said it just right and that certainly is what I am all about. The whole area is just a comfortable place and you can make what ever you want out of it. The wonderful Rocky Mountain Nation Park is a one of a and should not be missed as well as Trail Ridge Road. I just love it here.
FloAnn

Been to FloAnn's Cottages? Share your experiences!