“Weekend Getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of FloAnn's Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Drake
FloAnn's Cottages
“Weekend Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights last weekend just as we needed a get away. Floann was accommodating and although she lives on the property we did not get bothered by her at all, and were left alone. Dogs are allowed at the cottages and there is not an additional charge, which frankly is uncalled for. The cottage #4 that we stayed in was very clean. Towels and bedding was all very clean. Floors, dishes and tables, all clean. We were very happy. One note, this is on the side of a mountain, and you will need a decent vehicle to get onto the grounds. She is clear about this when you book with her. Will go back and will possibly stay in a bigger cottage with family.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Suzette S
faj, Owner at FloAnn's Cottages, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you Suzette for liking your stay here and taking the time to write about it. I hope to see you at another visit. Any one who takes a chance after reading some of these reviews is a hero in my book. Thanks again.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I enjoyed my stay in cottage 4. It was everything you imagine a mountain cottage to be. It was very large for a 1 bdrm cottage. It was very unique and well appointed. It was private and had it's own outside sitting area and fire ring that was secluded with the mountain and trees as the backdrop. It was my version of heaven.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Julia R
faj, Owner at FloAnn's Cottages, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
I just love to be called Mountain Paradise. This is my goal to make guests happy to be here and I always accept suggestions. Thank you for enjoying what I try very hard to make happen. FloAnn
Englewood, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

FloAnn's Cottages was a very pleasant stay. The driveway up was steep and icy but that was to be expected and told to us before our arrival. Flo was very nice and accommodating and based on the pictures and descriptions on the website there were no surprises. The cabins are rustic but very warming, we felt very comfy cozy there although the couches were not. Our dogs were welcomes and loved the woods and quiet stay. Yes there are a few spider webs but you are in the mountains and they did not bother us. If you are looking for rustic/ comfy cozy then this is the place for you, if you are looking for amenities that are serviced to you then this is not the place. Over all I would definitely go back and bring my friends and family.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jjglamgirl
faj, Owner at FloAnn's Cottages, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
It is sooo great to get an honest review like this. I have more happy guests than the other, thank goodness. I just love them and welcome them back anytime. Remember the two for one special January through April.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed in cottage #4 and it is well fitted for the dogs, but not humans, and the cabin being dog friendly is the ONLY nice thing. I had read the other reviews it being old with outdated furnishings, etc., and just thought that is how some cabins are, to give you that feel. No, the front door didn't lock and when we told FloAnn about it while we were paying for the stay on our way out (OH, AND SHE TRIED TO OVERCHARGE US BY $120.00) she said she knew about it but just had not had the time to fix it. The sofa cushions nearly hit the floor, it smelled like an old nasty thrift store (we opened up all the windows and it was 32 degrees outside just to air it out), I stopped counting the cob webs and my husband killed several spiders…since there was nest of them in the bathroom. You can find a cleaner shower at the KOA, this one had mold on the back of the shower curtain and on the ceiling and I'm not really sure how it was even in there, because it was falling apart but it did have hot water. There was one soft towel and wash cloth, the others felt like 80 grit sand paper. The bed was very comfortable though and had plenty of blankets on it. The kitchen had pretty much everything you needed to cook with and everything worked well, there was also a new fridge. Good thing we have a well capable 4x4 to get to the front door of the cabin, otherwise we would have had to park at the bottom and haul our things up the hill because she didn't want us parking in front of her cabin, which was right next to ours. We have stayed at other cabins in the area and this one is by far the worst, as another person said, there are better places to stay for the money!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank whiskeygirl69
faj, Owner at FloAnn's Cottages, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
You are absolutely right about the furniture. I now have bran new furniture in the cottage. Thank you. The lock on the front door just got broken, and is fixed. I have been living here for a week and haven't seen a spider. Plenty of hot water, just have to run it for a couple of minutes. You could park anyplace you would like, I just thought you would like to be closer to the cottage. I had made a mistake on the bill and fixed it, it was not done on purpose and I am sorry you got that impression. Giving two nights for the price is still a great deal, I just screwed up.
Denver, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

This was a repeat trip for us and this time we brought my whole family out from Kansas City. We rented all three cabins for three nights we had 9 adults, 7children and a dog. It was nice to be able to spread out on FloAnn's mountain. You can't beat the size of the accommodations for the money, and mountain living is supposed to be rustic!
If you want it to feel like home, stay home. Leave the mountains to those of us who appreciate them for their rustic beauty!
Thanks again, Flo....hope you have survived the floods!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Lois M
faj, Owner at FloAnn's Cottages, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
What a great thing to hear happiness. I couldn't of course be happier to have a great review like this. I really do have the great guests.
Westminster, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

I had an amazing and relaxing time while I was there over Memorial Day Weekend that I immediately came back and booked another cabin for the 1st weekend in August. Yes, it is rustic-it's a cabin in Colorado-not the Four Seasons. Almost all of the cabins I have been to in Colorado have a hodge podge of different everyday items seemingly picked up at flea markets and left over from other guests. However, FloAnn had lots of personal touches that I absolutely appreciated and picked up on immediately. TO me, it's about the little things-having extra blankets, cards, games, fully operational kitchen with more than enough cooking utensils/pots/pans/etc. Does it have to be brand new and fancy? NO-it has to be functional. I go to the mountains to relax, be one with nature, and get away from the noise. Yes the trek up is steep-which she clearly states on her website-although I am not sure how that would be during the winter but....I loved the fact that it was high enough that I could barely hear any road noise--- just the wind in the trees which was exactly what I was looking for. I had my 2 dogs with me and they had a phenomenal time and got along with her dogs just fine. If you are looking to get away and relax this is a great place to be....Grab your hiking boots and head up the mountain or down to the river and make sure you stop and enjoy the fresh air. THIS is COLORADO!

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jennifer H
faj, Owner at FloAnn's Cottages, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Thank you, thank you for a wonderful review. You got the feel I am trying to give, in fact that is the feeling got when I first saw this place and just fell in love. You certainly have made my year.
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

Pet friendly with no charge for pets....but her pets on the property are not friendly or balanced,be careful. Cabins are very rustic circa 1960.1970. Clean but strange. Bathroom has a waterheater in it and you must turn your body so your knees do not hit it. No fire alarms...they are apart and thrown on a shelve. Towels....think sand paper...just the worst. Beautiful area of the Big Thompson Canyon,close to Estes Park....but....the property grounds are in shambles,junk n crap everywhere,broken glass abounds...very scary.Owner is on site,she lives in one of the cabins...with her dogs n cats. Quiet and scenic.....but never again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank p m
faj, Owner at FloAnn's Cottages, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
I want to defend my dogs. They are not mean or deranged. It wouldn't be to bright to have bad dogs here. When a booking is made with anyone, pictures are worth a thousand words. I always encourage potential guest to know I am rustic and look at the pictures. I am not trying to hide anything. On my site there are lots of great reviews and good ones about my dogs. I apologize about your bad experience. I am so glad it doesn't happen often.
FloAnn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Drake
Murphy's Resort at Estes Park
#15 of 29 in Estes Park
Loveland Heights Cottages
Loveland Heights Cottages
#26 of 77 in Estes Park

Been to FloAnn's Cottages? Share your experiences!