“Pleasant experience and lovely food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Oakleaf Restaurant

Oakleaf Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Maghera
Cuisines: British, Irish
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
maghera
“Pleasant experience and lovely food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

called at the oakleaf after a busy days shopping,nice and cosy!menu to suit all pockets,excellent food,5 star service

• Visited October 2013

“Beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

My girlfriend an I stopped of for light bite the chicken raps was great an the staff was very pleasant would definitely call in again very clean an tidy

Visited July 2013
Portaferry, United Kingdom
“Very good food, excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stopped off when travelling from Donegal and had a really hot, well presented, delicious lunch. We were shown to our table , given a menu, served a drink and our order taken within five minutes on a fairly busy afternoon. Our meal was served very quickly, really hot and well presented. The floor staff were very efficient, courteous and approachable ensuring everything was OK for us. We have been in this restaurant on a number of occasions and have never been disappointed with any of our meals - a high standard is always their aim and we have witnessed that.Staff really try to make the whole experience one to remember. Well done to all of them.

• Visited September 2013
Scotland
“A hidden gem - simply fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

I have previously tried to write a review about this remarkable eatery. (However as Trip Advisor did not previously recognise its existence, it was not accepted.) It follows that this is my second attempt to praise this wonderful place and firmly put it on the map for the benefit of others.

This restaurant is situated on the main road equidistant between Belfast and Derry/London Derry. We have eaten there on four occasions during the last three years. It's a perfect stop whilst travelling from Scotland to the west coast of Ireland.

It is situated close to a petrol station immediately at the bottom of a very long straight piece of road on the eastern side of the Glen Shane pass. You could easily pass it without realising as you may think that it forms part of the nearby petrol station.

There is a good and ample car park and I believe that the building/business also has conference facilities.

The toilets are really five star - you could eat off the floor! They are modern and bright.

The food is simply sensational and if, like me, you like large portions, then this is the place for you.

The kitchen is open to one side and you can see your food being prepared.

On our most recent visit, my wife had a prawn salad with all of the trimmings that you could hope for: she was delighted.

My son had a mixed grill which included a huge delicious steak, pork chop, sausage, bacon, tomato and mushrooms. This filled the huge oval plate which it was presented upon. He was ecstatic.

I chose the vegetable jalfrezzi which was served on a bed of rice with poppadums. This was presented in a huge bowl and would put most Indian restaurants to shame - it was just fantastic.

Greedily, we also ordered some creamed potatoes, a bowl of chips and some garlic bread for the table which were all up to the same standard. You will not be surprised to hear that we could not eat it all!

The food, plus a pot of tea for 2 and a lemonade came to just £39 - amazing value! The service was quick and good and we were as pleased with this most recent visit as we were on our first.

I would most highly recommend this restaurant - it ranks as one of our favourite places to eat. It deserves the full five stars.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank JimmyScotland
Bangor, United Kingdom
“First and land time eating here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I went to the Oakleaf because the restaurant I intended on going to was fully booked. I've heard a few good reports about here so I gave it a chance but never again.
When asked "Is everything alright?" I felt like saying "Where do you want me to start?"
Not much of a welcome from an old man at the entrance (possibly the owner I don't know) who showed me and my girlfriend to the table which seemed like he was going out of his way to do so.
It took 15 minutes just for someone to take a drinks order.
Waited 40 minutes on cod and a salad which was average. The food was too expensive for the quality. Main courses usually include a free side order also.
The menu said 'allow 20 minutes for all steaks'.
No apology for delay.
Staff didn't seem interested in their jobs at all.

• Visited June 2013