“A little different BBQ”

Ranked #9 of 193 Restaurants in Durango
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Marysville, Ohio
“A little different BBQ”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The atmosphere and design of the restaurant was excellent. It makes you feel like you are in a real BBQ joint in Texas. I can only speak of the Texas Taco, since that is what was recommended by the locals and what I decided to have. It was pulled pork and cheesy potatoes inside a taco. It was good, but a bit dry and needed a lot of sauce. It was OK, but probably would have been better if they separated the two items... sacrilege... I know. The next time I am in Durango, I will try the ribs and will have a much more well rounded review!

• Visited May 2013

Roseville, California
“Recommended by our hotel”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Serious Texas Bar-B-Q was recommended by the desk clerk at our hotel (Hampton Inn). Being a skeptic, I wondered if they get kick backs to recommend places, so I looked it up. Great reviews, and it's just a few doors down from the hotel so we walked down. Yum! What a great place. We were there on taco night, so had a pulled port and cheesy potato taco. Delish! The ribs were some of the best we've ever had and we bought several jars of their barbecue sauce.

They have a wonderful deck, although it was too cold to sit out there during our visit. There's tons to do in and around Durango. If we get back in the summer, we'll be out on the deck at Serious Texas Bar-B-Q enjoying ribs and a cold beer. Don't miss this place!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank LindaForThePeople
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Dinner with the Volleyball team”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This was my second visit to this establishment and The food is good, but this time i was there the food was a bit dry and over cooked. It still tasted great, but if you shouldn't need to add a lot of BBQ sauce.

I will visit the establishment again in hopes that this was a one time incident, but this time I was not too pleased.

• Visited April 2014
Durango, Colorado
“Mmm... Texas Tacos!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

If I could eat a texas taco every day without gaining a hundred pounds, I absolutely would. I love it! The smoked turkey is also fabulous. Actually, come to think of it, I've never had anything that I didn't like from Serious. The service is always friendly, and the portions are more than generous. Thanks for the fantastic food! Yum

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Elizabeth D
Monroe, Louisiana
“Barbeque The Way I Like It!”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The food had just the right amount of smoke flavor and the BBQ sauce was great! They can bring their food to Louisiana anytime!

Visited May 2013