“It's okay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 190 Restaurants in Durango
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Montana
“It's okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Don't get the local favorite lol unless you are a meat and potatoes person.. Umm I wasn't impressed the meat had a smoky taste :) staff was a bit rude there was a choice of a cpl beers I love barbecue I just think it was overpriced and dry and stay away from the coleslaw

• 2 of 5 bubbles

Houston, Texas
“Good BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I visited Serious Texas Bar-B-Q in Durango. As a business traveler it’s nice to have a good place to eat. And for Durango there prices are good. Most of their other place I have tried in Durango are overpriced. I had the sliced beef and it was okay. A little dry this time. I should have stuck to the ribs, they have always been great. I really love there sauce.
Downside was all the flies. They need to do something about that. Continually swatting gets old fast. Even with all this I do recommend them and will visit again. Thanks.

St Johns, Florida
“Good BBQ and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

This was recommended by are hotel for a friendly BBq place. This definitely fit the bill. The staff as friendly and quick getting our orders. We had the turkey, pulled pork and brisket. Allof it was great and had that great smoke flavor. You order by how much you want and the take it to your table. So if you are looking for full service this is not the place for you, but you will miss some great food. It is like eating at a friend house. Also another recommendation I use was most of the people eating there were locals. Would go back.

Visited August 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“Fast, Friendly, Tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

The pork sandwich with the cherry chipotle chutney and BBQ sauce is the bomb. My daughter loved her Texas taco with pulled pork, cheesy potatoes and jalapenos in a warm tortilla.

• Visited July 2014
illinois
“Very good BBQ after our raft trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We went here based on the recommendation of our raft trip guide. It is a very casual place you can eat inside or out and have a beer with your meal. You order at the window and seat yourself. The ribs were amazing I really enjoyed the smoky flavor and the sauce at the table was really good. We only waited a couple of minutes for our food.