“Nostalgic Motel”

Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Durango
San Antonio, Texas
“Nostalgic Motel”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I must confess, I was attracted to the motel because of the fun (and now politically incorrect) neon sign. I was not disappointed. The facilities maintained the feel of the motor courts I visited as a child in the 1950s. The room was clean and comfortable and the landscaping was lovely--especially the purple clematis vines that graced several trellises on the property. The room rate was great and the property conveniently near the Durango-Silverton Train Depot, the train being our primary reason for returning to Durango.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Arancesacco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Fairmount, Georgia
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 3 nights, clean rooms, amazing shower! Very friendly owners! They keep the place very neat and clean. They had soap, towels and buckets to wash your motorcycle. They had a sitting area in the middle of the motel under a shade tree. Very laid-back atmosphere. Free transit stops right in front of the motel that will take you downtown. Great stay! And they sell Peace Tea!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Holly, Michigan
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I have stayed at this establishment several times, since first finding it in 2005. The owners and staff are very friendly and helpful and as long time residents of Durango have the connections to get deals and arrange activities to ensure your trip is terrific. The rooms were well maintained and always clean and the location close to all of Durango, rafting the Animas, several lakes, the million dollar highway, the durango silverton railroad, many dining options and breweries and other attractions ensure you'll find plenty to do!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank CRogers80
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I only stayed one night but the staff were so accommodating. Maureen allowed us to check in late at night and even saved us from missing our flight in the morning when my friend left his phone in the locked room. She sent someone to help right away! And the room was great. Fluffy pillows, individual couches and just fabulous decor. It's not like one of those impersonal modern places to stay. This is family-owned and sweet...definitely a best-kept secret as advertised.

• Stayed March 2014
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stay here several times a year and just love coming back. The rooms are always clean, the beds are always comfortable. The owners and management are so accommodating and friendly, if you need something all you have to do is ask. They go above and beyond every time. It's a great location only a mile and a half to the train. Thanks again SIESTA for a wonderful stay you sure know how to run a business, after 39 years you know what your doing! See you again soon!

Room Tip: Such a great motel!! "All the rooms are great"
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank suemarie2011
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 27 February 2014

DO NOT STAY AT THE SIESTA MOTEL! Made reservations for a one-month stay at the SM, while waiting to move into my new house. Given previous reviews and the motel's website, it looked like a good choice. NOT!!! My room was DARK, DANK, SMELLY, AND NOISY (the motel is right off of the 550). Because of the cheap price, I decided I could brave the poor quality for a month. Had to leave town on a family emergency for a week, and the management knew I was away. When I returned, groceries I had purchased had been cleaned out of my mini-frig and personal items were missing from the closet. I shared my concerns with the management and was met with a DISRESPECTFUL, RUDE, and INSULTING response. I was even accused of lying. INCREDIBLE! The Siesta Motel does not care about its guests or their guests' property. It is FAR FROM A FRIENDLY FAMILY ESTABLISHMENT. DO NOT BE FOOLED BY ITS WEBSITE!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank A T
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I stayed at the Siesta Motel in Durango in September 2013. I've stayed at different places in Durango before, but this by far was the best. the owners were very accommodating when I wanted to extend, offering the same room if I didn't want to move, if the folks that reserved the room could get a better room at my cost. That was fine with me rather than move! The room was beautiful, the heat was great on a cold night, and the bed was SOO comfortable that I didn't want to get out of it :-) That's saying a lot, because in that area I only want to be outside walkig or hiking. Great location at north end of town, right near a trolley stop. Owners were very nice and personal - I felt like my satisfaction mattered to them, unlike many places I've experienced--especially as a solo traveler! Would recommend it highly and I plan on staying there when I return to Durango.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo