“The Most Unsatisfying Meal in Durango”
Review of Cocina Linda Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cocina Linda Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I ordered a chicken w/green chile burrito and was very disappointed. The burrito was huge, but it was mostly rice & beans with a half dozen 1/2 in. cubes of chicken ('locally sourced'? Really?!). I counted them, too. If there was any green chile in the burrito, I certainly didn't see it or taste it. All of this for $9.75! Unbelievable. I would have been better off getting a burrito at a local taco shack (Nayarit's anyone?) at half the price with twice the primary ingredients (chicken & green chile...remember?).
I came here because of all the platitudes about 'fresh, sustainable, locally sourced food'. None of that matters when food like this is fobbed off to the public.
I see a similar review on this page, so I'm not alone.
In fairness, the staff was friendly and the setting was just fine. Not enough, though.
Won't get fooled again!

6  Thank John-Margaret

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Friendly staff but average seating. Atmosphere is friendly.

They also set up stalls at the Farmer's Market on Saturday mornings in the Summer.

If you go there for breakfast and or lunch, the dishes with mole' ,which is a chocolate flavor, are delicious.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Ordered a too expensive burrito but is is Durango,,,,,90% rice then a few beans then a tablespoon of pork or chicken...all without flavor,,,,no sauce,,,no redeeming features.
Ninas were much better

3  Thank Felschurch
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Interesting menu but a little blah and boring - the tortilla soup is a winter staple. But the owner's peso pinching is annoying. Extra for cheese. Extra for sour cream. Extra for salsa. Extra for asking for extras.

4  Thank DarrenDelivers411
Reviewed 13 July 2012

It's nice to find a place that has vegeterian and vegan options. I had the bean and avocado burrito with roasted tomato garlic salsa and it was so tastey. For meat-eaters, my husband enjoyed a delicious beef burrito. We live in NM so our burrito standards are high and this place exceeded our expectations. Will definitely eat here again whenever we're in Durango.