“I loved this little place for breakfast”
Review of Cocina Linda Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cocina Linda Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Let me start off by saying that the owner is a little eccentric and I am not sure how long this place will stay in business, for her the customer is important but not the most important. Her beliefs and environment is more important. She buys almost everything locally grown and when there are no tomatoes available, will she go and buy some organic ones from the store NO, you will just have the dish with out tomatoes or whatever ingredient she doesn't have. If I lived Durango, I would eat there a lot and be a part of her CSA farming. This lady can cook! Her food is really really good! She is right by the river and if I came during summer would definitely get lunch to go and enjoy the views. If you like boring food, then this isn't the place for you. If you want great, bold flavors that is organic too, you got to try this place. Trust me.

1  Thank GoldCoastFlyer

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is my favorite restaurant in Durango, also called Linda’s Local Food Cafe, and I have eaten at most of them. Linda serves the best quality local, organic and natural foods with a flair. She serves grass-fed meats and eggs with gluten-free and dairy-free options. The only thing I wish she would do is to serve larger portions and stay open on Mondays and Sundays. The hours are now 8am to 3pm daily so you can no longer eat dinner there. She has a local CCSA (see website to join) with local farmers. Linda does much of the cooking herself and is the only cook that reminds me of my wife's cooking. That is a huge compliment because I LOVE my wife's cooking and visit Durango monthly for work. I always eat at Cocina Linda's at least once!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Linda has abandoned the blue collar patron in order to reap the out-of-town tourist dollars. We used yo enjoy her local food, but she has just abandoned the local person with her high end pricing

3  Thank Animasman
Reviewed 2 February 2014

For a border mexican-food aficionado, this place is superb. The tamales are my favorite, made in house and presented in a variety of ways. I also enjoy the rellenos.

1  Thank Boulder-USA
Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

I do not understand how anyone could rate this place above one star. It doesn't desrve one - maybe half.

We ate there with friends and our children. Most of us couldn't get what we wanted because they were out of some menu items. We were overcharged by the cashier - charged for some sort of plate when we only recieved the single item.

We ordered tomales. They were out of them. (No big deal. I understand how tomales are made. Places do run out of them.) I ordered a chicken burrito. It was ridiculous. It contained almost no chicken. It was mostly rice. Bland white rice! No seasonings as far as I could tell! They need to learn how to season a dish. Since the burrito came dry on a plate with no sauce, I asked for some salsa. They charged us for it. The owner said they can't afford to just give away salsa. And I'll bet that's true. When the food is bad, the prices are high, the ambiance is poor, you probably can't afford to supply salsa like a real restaurant. There is no way the place is making money selling food with no taste. I just want to to them to go to a good restaurant, try the food, and understand how much their own food is NOT similar.

Well it didn't matter anyway. The salsa was bland too, so it didn't help much.

I really want to be fair, so I will mention the fact that the avacado relish/salsa dish was good -Very simple chunky avacado guacamole-like dish. It was good, but it was very small thus overpriced.

Unless the tamales are really something special, this place does not deserve more than one star. The people rating this place highly must be out of their gourd! My guess is that they are friends with the owner. BUT PLEASE eat there and then review the place. We need more honest reviewers.

4  Thank Spanki S