Gable House Bed and Breakfast
Best Western Durango Inn & Suites(Durango)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$87
US$105
Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn(Durango)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$126
Hotels.com
DoubleTree by Hilton Durango(Durango)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$147
Doubletree.com
The Rochester Hotel and Leland House(Durango)(Great Value!)
US$274
Comfort Inn and Suites Durango(Durango)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$87
US$136
US$129
US$139
US$125
Homewood
General Palmer Hotel(Durango)(Great Value!)
US$142
Travelocity
Strater Hotel(Durango)(Great Value!)
US$145
Travelocity
All reviewsprivate bathb bquiet neighborhoodtrain stationwithin easy walking distancethird floorhistoric registertelevision roomhistoric victorianeach morningnormal breakfastfloor fanother guestswell appointed and comfortableperiod furnitureshort walktwo nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My husband and I spent two nights here. We had a king bed room on the third floor. There is a nice room to play games, watch TV or check email. There is a lovely balcony to enjoy your wine and watch the sunset. It also has a lovely lawn area outside as well. Heather is an excellent innkeeper. The breakfasts were excellent and she is very helpful in telling us great restaurants to go. There is wireless Internet in each room. We will definitely go back and stay with Heather for a longer visit. Look no further for a clean, quiet and good value place to stay.

Room Tip: If you can't climb a couple flights of stairs, this place is not for you. Also, I could not delete fitness room and pool. But Gable House does not have them. Every room is different, it depends on if you want twin, queen or king
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kwanyen
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed at the Gable House for 3 nights and were made very welcome by Heather, our 3rd floor room was lovely with private bathroom, and the breakfasts were delicious and healthy.
Heather was very helpful with dinner recommendations and knowledge about Durango.
The house is delightful, filled with antiques etc and a joy to return to each day. It was within a few minutes walking distance of shops and restaurants and the neighbourhood was very quiet on an evening. Would definitely stay again if returning to Durango.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I had lived in Durango during my collegiate years and had dreamed of staying at the Gable House when I grew up. So when booking my stay for my new wife and me on our mini-moon, I had high expectations.

Well Heather and the Gable House far exceeded our expectations. We felt at home from the beginning of our stay. The room was very comfortable, the breakfasts were tasty and healthy, and Heather was outstandingly hospitable.

My wife promptly announced to me: "Every time we come back to Durango, we will be staying at the Gable House." Well you know, happy wife, happy life. Luckily, heather will have us covered.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Heather loves her home and people. Her home reflects this. Everything is clean, comfortable and spotless. She is interested in everything you want to reveal about yourself. It was a hike to the 3rd floor; but the prize was a private bathroom. Breakfast was delightful original homemade cooking. The sadness was that I could only stay 2 nights - this trip.
This was my first experience to stay at a bn'b. Now I do not want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2013

When we arrived at the Gable House, Heather welcomed us warmly and led us to our room on the third floor. The room was immaculate and nicely decorated. Since the weather was a bit cool, she made sure we had an extra comforter for the bed (which we did not actually need). The neighborhood was quiet and a few minutes walk from the main street with many restaurants and shops. Heather suggested a place for dinner which we very much enjoyed. She also alerted us to a bargain shopping opportunity at a store that was having a going out of business sale.
When we arrived, Heather told us that she was awaiting word about the imminent birth of her first grandchild in Cheyenne, WY. While the birth did not occur while we were her guests, it is worth noting that her excitement about her first grandchild in no way interfered with her attentiveness to us.
She prepared a wonderful breakfast and visited with us while we ate.
We will definitely stay at the Gable House if we visit Durango again.

Room Tip: It seems to me that all the rooms are equally good.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple