“Cooked to Perfection”
Review of Eolus Bar & Dining

Eolus Bar & Dining
Reserve with OpenTable
Eolus Bar & Dining is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 204 Restaurants in Durango
Price range: US$10 - US$45
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 9th street and Main Avenue
Transit: Durango Trolley stops in front of the Cosmopolitan on Historic Main Street.
Description: From farm to table and vine to wine Eolus Bar & Dining offers something for everyone. The local bounty shines through as the restaurant features an array of local products from farms, ranches, vinters, and breweries around southwest Colorado. Offering distinct places to enjoy the cuisine the rooftop patio is covered providing ample protection from the elements while providing premium views of the surrounding mountains. The elegant dining room provides choices of tables or booths to relax and sample creative concoctions from the bar. Eolus is great place to celebrate special occasions so be sure to let us know how we can elevate your dining experience. We are open 7 nights a week starting at 4:30.
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This restaurant is a bit pricey, but for a special occasion, it is well worth it. I so look forward to going back.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Beautiful location. We had a wedding reception on the roof. Seafood isnt my thing so I didn't like most the food but the chicken was good. Staff was great and very friendly. Drinks were good.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

My filet was cooked perfectly, though for some it would be considered to on the small side. They were accommodating for my change request on accompaniments. Decor is pleasant, upscale with well-planned lighting (food is important, but sometimes ambiance more so)
Conveniently located central Main Street. I would probably go back if someone invited us there, with no objection ----but might not even think about returning here on my own (am frankly surprised it's the top rated on Trip Advisor. )

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had a party of 7 for dinner at Aeolus. (A mom & dad, 9 year old boy and both sets of grandparents).
We had a reservation and were promptly seated upon arrival.
Our waiter was personable and knowledgable and helped each of us order a perfect meal.
The wine selection was pretty good with good wines selections on the "per glass" wine list.
Several of us had seafood dished that we're wonderful (waiter said fish is flown is fresh daily).
- We were a bit surprised that they did not have trout on the menu (Colorado mountain town).
-- No big deal, just interesting that they had fresh fish flown in but no trout.
Our grandson had a steak ordered off the kids menus that was also wonderful.
- Best kids menu we've seen.
My wife had steak and it was perfect - I had seafood and it was excellent.
Overall excellent experience.

Highly recommended.

1  Thank Billbor
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We started with Absolute & Tonic, one of our go-to summer cocktails. Quite nice. The hanger steak with gorgonzola mashed potatoes and spinach was near perfect. My wife's duck was good, but not remarkable; no pizzazz.

Eolus has some nice wines on-tap, which is uncommon outside of wine appellation communities. I had a Lodi Zin, which was quite good at a reasonable price. Ditto for a Williamette Pino Noir Rose by-the-glass. They have one of the better wine selections I've seen lately and not bad prices either.

The next time that we're in Durango: we'll be back!