“Friendly people, good food”
Review of Zia Taqueria

Zia Taqueria
Ranked #11 of 202 Restaurants in Durango
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Description: We believe in simple, tasteful, authentic food with an atmosphere and price that feels good, warms the soul, and reminds you that some of the better things in life are quite simple.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've visited this restaurant many times and enjoyed the fresh ingredients and the chance to combine them the way that I like them. On a nice day you can get take-out and walk half a block over to the local history museum (the Animas Museum) for a picnic lunch followed by a visit to the museum.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

If you are in Durango, CO, don't miss a meal or two at Zia Taqueria. There are two locations with the same menu. North on Main Ave. and South on the service road of 160/550.
Don't be put off by the long lines or smallish dining area. They really move people through quickly and I always have found a seat. The food is fresh and healthy and gives traditional Mexican fare a new style. The portions are large and the price easy on the pocket book. Try the Baja fish tacos with habanero mango salsa. WOW! Everything is made to order. Even the chips are locally made. Enjoy!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Besides burritos and big 13" buros, they have daily specials such as fish taco or shrimp burrito. They also are the only place that has Mexican wedding cookies, also know as and tasting like almond crescents. Some inside seating but most folks seem to order to go.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My first few visits to Zia made me pine for the days when I lived in Denver and there was a Chipotle on every corner, but now I can never go back. Every trip to Chipotle I've had since while away from Durango has proved flavorless and bland. I was never a fan of spicy foods until I got into Zia's delicious Tinga shredded chicken and flipping amazing mango salsa. They made me a believer. Now I regularly punish myself with double helping in their generous burritos. The flavor and locally-sourced ingredients are fantastic. The worst thing about Zia is the long line, but it's hard to blame them for being so popular at all times of the day. One stop and you'll see exactly why the line is to the door more often than not. Both locations deliver the same incredible quality and service and the same wait times. Expect 10-15 minutes in line most times and a $10 bill per person before drinks and tip- and naturally wonderful, flavorful food!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Plenty of food for the money. This is sort of like eating at a Chiplote's restaurant in that you get your order prepared as you go along the service bar. The chips are made locally and the food is very good. We will eat here again when in Durango I am sure.