“Lunch over memorial weekend”

Guido's Pizza Pasta Panini
Ranked #58 of 198 Restaurants in Durango
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Durango's ONLY traditional Italian Trattoria. Our chefs travel to Italy each year to ensure our recipes are authentic. Award winning Wine List, Full Bar, and a dog friendly patio. A local favorite for over 14 years. After dining with us take home some European Groceries, Hand-Cut Cheeses and Meats from our gourmet store.
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stopped in for lunch, had the mussel appetizer and we were very pleased. The rest of our meal ( spaghetti and panini sandwich ) were also very good. Portions on spaghetti were a bit on the small side but were good. We would probably hope back and try dinner on another occasion.

There are newer reviews for Guido's Pizza Pasta Panini

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Being Italian , we are fussy eaters when at an Italian restaurant. Guido's Italian Restaurant and Marketplace had superb food and service. Sarah was our waitress and she was very attentive and knowledgeable. I had the Lasagna Bolognese which was outstanding. The wife had the Eggplant Parmesan which she enjoyed. We each had wine, Chianti for me and a Rose' for the wife, both were good. I also had a salad and we had bread, which were very good. We looked in the Marketplace area and I had a question, which Susan, Guido's wife answered. I asked about a mushroom pesto and she suggested a recipe for my wife to try. Overall it was an excellent experience. When in Durango, we'll visit again. If you like Italian food, you'll enjoy Guido's.

2  Thank DEBandVINCE1
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Our family ate here recently and we were very disappointed in the quality of food that is supposedly Italian. We've actually lived in Rome, Italy and based on the reviews we were hoping for some great food. The only thing good was the artichoke appetizer, the bread and the wine selections. The gnocci was nothing like you would get in Italy and their tomato sauce was without depth. The bruschetta was made with picked red peppers for heavens sake. The meatballs come with nothing... And you cannot even order a side dish of pasta to go with it.
The grocery side of things might bring us back but not the restaurant. Go somewhere else for dinner.

3  Thank cindyfau
Guido007, Owner at Guido's Pizza Pasta Panini, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

I appreciate your input and feel compelled to respond to your review. Hopefully the explanation below will show you that we are truly authentic Italian.

Italians eat in courses. First the antipasti then the Pasta course which could range from a Bread thickened soup to a Roman Gnocchi, made with semolina flour, eggs, butter and cheese, shaped in to rounds and baked just like you had at Guido’s. Then the Protein would arrive after the pasta dish was cleared. A few roasted potatoes or a plate of spinach could accompany this course of meat or fish but never a side of pasta. There are restaurants all over Italy that cater to the whims of Americans. You can even eat bacon and eggs on the Campo d’ fiori. We choose not to frequent them. We are driven by authenticity. We serve authentic Italian food period. This includes serving meatballs as an Italian would eat them…without pasta. Some Americans have difficulty with this concept. Everything we do here at Guido’s is driven by authenticity and can appreciate that this may not have been what you were looking for.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

This restaurant is a little unique with an attached market. The food was good, not great. My son had the lasagna and it looked like it had been sitting awhile, a hard crust on the top. The taste was fine. I had the fettuccine with sausage and it was really good. Our waiter was pleasant and efficient. The windows around the restaurant provide great people watching. I enjoyed our time here.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband and I are longtime locals and eat at Guido's whenever we can. We consider it the best restaurant in town. Sue is an amazing chef. Not to mention the proscuitto de parma is the best anywhere. My sister came in from Chicago and was impressed with Guido's. We got married in New York and never found an Italian restaurant that was better than Guido's.

2  Thank Jean C