“Too bad !”

Hillcrest Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Public 18-hole golf course, known for its well-maintained greens, overlooks the town of Durango and the La Plata Mountains.
Bedford, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Too bad !”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Made a tee time in person when we first arrived in town. The young man at the desk was very pleasant and welcoming. When we were on our way to the course there was an accident on Rte 550, so knowing we would be late we called the course to let them know. The staff was terribly rude on the phone, but thought everybody has a bad day right ? When we arrived at the course we were told we had to be off in 4 minutes or wait an hour,no problem we got off and had a great pace going. Before we know it we are being followed around by the marshal ,making comments about "ready golf" and you have some "first timers " I asked him how where doing on the clock and he said fine but continued to follow us and make comments until I asked if he wanted on the course or not ? Finally I called the Pro shop to get him to leave us alone. We played under 4 hours and had to wait on the last 3 holes. I play twice a week and am a Marshal myself at a local golf course so, I think I know about slow play! This course is nice but not nice enough to put up with the crap. We will not be back !

Visited July 2014
1 Thank jwroom

39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Very nice muni”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We had gotten shutout of the National parks ( Govt shutdown) so had time to kill and had read in Trip Advisor about Hillcrest so we took a chance and rode up the upon arrival in Durango.
We were fortunate that they had a cancellation and could fit us in. The course is very busy with locals. It was cold and blustery but were fortunate to get paired up with a local couple for 9 holes.
The course was well maintained but you had to stay in the fairways or the hardpan would send your ball to parts unknown. The green were quite fast and hard to read if you were on the course for the first time.
That being said the staff was very friendly and we enjoyed our day on Hillcrest and played for 90$ cart included.

Visited October 2013
Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Golf”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

This is an excellent municipal golf course. The staff caters to the players. Rates were fair for a scenic top notch course. The pro shop explained the rules and stressed a 4 hour round. Played 3 times in less than 4 hours on a full golf course.

Visited July 2013
Durango, Colorado
“Best Golf Course Ever”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

My family and I have been playing here for a very long time. Every one that works here makes the place have a great atmosphere and you feel welcome. The pros in the shop will help solve your problems and answer your questions up at the golf course. Also the prices are very reasonable and the membership prices are a bargain. Over all the everything here is great.

Visited April 2013
Bayfield, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Value, Great People, Fun”
Reviewed 18 January 2013

My husband and I play regularly and have never been disappointed. The pros at the counter will go out of their way to fit you in and make sure you have a good experience. One of Durango's top amenities!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank iyq2babe

Been to Hillcrest Golf Club? Share your experiences!