“Great Food! One of the best burgers!”

Chimayo Stone Fired Kitchen
Ranked #13 of 192 Restaurants in Durango
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Chimayo Stone Fired Kitchen is a contemporary American bistro with a southwestern flair. Fresh salads, creative small plates, artisanal pizzas, and fire-roasted steaks, chicken and seafood are prepared in twin 600+ degree stone hearth ovens in an open kitchen. The Owners have restored the interior of the historic Century Building on Main Avenue, revealing turn-of-the century Carnegie steel support beams, the original maple hardwood floor and decorative tin ceiling tiles, and the original brick wall. These historical elements, along with the expo kitchen, rollup windows, and 35-foot curved bar, create an urban industrial loft setting for a unique Durango dining experience.
Centennial, Colorado
“Great Food! One of the best burgers!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Visiting Durango, mentioned by a local as their favorite place. It did not disappoint! It features great menu with small to large choices depending on your appetite. We had the Queso Fundido for the app, great blend of cheeses. I had the Pablano Bacon Cheddar Burger; Great combanation of meat and the pepper gave it the perfect amount of zing, juicy and cooked perfectly! My friend had the Salmon, a large flavorful portion cooked on cedar with an aioli. The only disappointment was sitting near their open kitchen and watching all the other great looking dishes coming out and not getting to try them! Service was great; a team effort by all never went dry. Great decor, loved the circular booths, nobody eating behind you.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank markc871

Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Atmosphere Is Wonderful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Love the ambiance of you're Restaurant, it's very clean,My Husband and I dined here yesterday Thursday August 7th for a late lunch, the food was tasty and fresh my husband had the steak sandwich he really enjoyed it and I had the pork tacos they were yummy and I really like you're cole slaw with the red cabbage it's very good and fresh! The only thing I see needs to be improved is you're servers we had iced tea and at three dollars apiece we should at least been offered a refill! Amy never asked us if we wanted a refill or if we wanted a dessert as well then we had to wait for our check and there were not many customers dinning in you're Restaurant at that time ! There should always be someone in the front of the house to greet you as well I observed several congregating chatting in the back of the Restaurant , I was once a former sever and owner of my own establishment and as I remember it you're tip is based on service ! You're food is wonderful and you're Restaurant is Very Beautiful but Service needs to be top notch for repeat customers !

Visited August 2014
4 Thank lblack5219
Naperville, Illinois
“Good food but expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

First the restaurant is beautiful, very nice and contemporary. The food choices were also interesting, nice twists on tacos and pizza. We had fish tacos and pizza. Each were tasty. The service was also good. However we were sort of surprised with the bill for the amount of food that we had.

5 Thank happytrails42
Weatherford, Texas
“Good ambience and meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

What a great place to eat! Had the special that night and it was awesome! Atmosphere is nice and relaxing. And the Blood Orange Margarita was awesome! Would definitely eat there again!

1 Thank DR1998
Miami, Florida
“Very friendly and lovely meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We arrived late on a Sunday, yet they were still serving. We sat all the way in the back at the counter that overlooks the kitchen. I always love that because it means they have nothing to hide in their food prep. The chiefs that were working back there interacted with us nicely. We ordered 3 "appetizers" to split two ways and there was plenty of food with nothing left over. The quarter rack of baby back ribs were delicious and tender with a very unusual sort of Asian sauce. When we were done with our meal the chief suggested the peach dessert. Local peaches, grilled and served with vanilla ice cream two little cookies and chocolate syrup wafted over the top. YUMMM! We would not have ordered dessert without the recommendation from the chief. I recommend this restaurant

2 Thank jillmiami