“Often closed, expensive, limited menu and not that great”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Mountain Madness - CLOSED

Mountain Madness
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, American, Bar, Pub
Good for: View, Bar Scene
Dining options: Seating
Durango, Colorado
“Often closed, expensive, limited menu and not that great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

We tried to eat here 3 times and they were only open the last time. It's really expensive for what it is (basic pizzas at $~12 and then topping most toppings are ~$1-2.50 each). I was hoping that it'd be really fantastic given the ridiculous prices, but it wasn't. Sauce it much too bitter. We had 2 sides and 2 pizzas and it was $50! The services wasn't great and they have never been super friendly (each time we tried to eat there and then when we finally were successful at finding a time it was open). It's unfortunate since there is so much potential with this location. Perhaps after more time passes, they will increase their menu offerings, be open more often and lower their prices (or increase the quality of the food if we are going to pay such high prices).

• Visited February 2014

“You call that Pizza?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I don't know. It was not great. Kind of dirty. Weird pizza. But I lived in NY so I am jaded with getting pizza anywhere else. CO pizza sucks in general. Weird vibe. Out of Ska IPA which is an unforgivable act.

Visited December 2013
Durango
“pretty good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

I live up the road from this establishment and have been there a few times. I like to ride my bike there as it is less than a mile away on a county road. The pizza is really good. The beer cold, and the wings are large. The service I had last night was by a 20 year old kid who tried really hard. But our salad took 35 minutes to come out, the pizza came out 5 minutes later, and our appetizer, the hot wings came out 5 minutes after that. I'm sure it wasn't the server's fault. The kitchen has changed their menu a couple of times, and I think they must have been having an off night. I will say that the beer is expensive, $4.75 for a pint of locally grown stuff. I understand the restaurant makes most of their money on alcohol, but that seemed a bit stiff. The pizza was really good, but a bit overcooked and darker than we normally have it. Since it is a local place we will continue to patronize it, but may have a drink or two before we go out to eat there. I will admit that the train shots are good and cheap at $2.00 every time the train goes by. I am guessing that the owners don't really like kids as there was not a kids menu available when we asked. We have 3 kids and eat out often with them.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Steven S
“Great Music”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

We went there to hear Lisa Blue Trio on a Thursday night. Great music.
I had an Italian sub sandwich. It was so good.I would order it again.
It's fun to sit outside under the stars and listen to great music.

• Visited August 2013
Centennial, Colorado
“Best pizza ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Great service, great pizza--some of the best pizza I have ever tasted. We had a party of 12 and we were greeted at the door and seated immediately.

Place for crazy cousins to run around and no one seemed to mind.

• Visited July 2013